BROOKSVILLE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL: The fourth annual Winter Festival will be from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Dec. 3 in the school courtyard. Parents are asked to help by bringing in 2-liter sodas, cakes/ baked goods for the cakewalk and packaged snacks and cookies. The school also needs parent volunteers.
DELTONA ELEMENTARY SCHOOL: The fifth-grade/kindergarten Rudolph Program will be at 7 p.m. Dec. 12 in the cafeteria.
• Chik-fil-A Spirit Day is Dec. 12 at the store on Cortez Boulevard.
D. S. PARROTT MIDDLE SCHOOL: Every Wednesday, students can stay after school from 2:30 to 3 p.m. to ask questions about math homework. Students need to be picked up by 3 p.m.
FOX CHAPEL MIDDLE SCHOOL: The seventh-grade honor roll assembly will be at 8 a.m. today and the eighth-grade assembly will be Friday. All families are encouraged to attend.
• Hernando County Sheriff's Deputy Wendy McGinnis will present a Cyber Safety parent/student workshop from 6 to 7:30 tonight in the media center. Please reserve a space for this event. Call Missy Wyzykowski at (352) 797-7025, ext. 255.
HERNANDO HIGH SCHOOL: The School Advisory Council will meet at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday in the media center. For information, call Marianne Bennett at (352) 797-7015, ext. 406.
• The marching band earned a superior rating at the Florida Bandmasters Association Marching Band Music Performance Assessment on Nov. 7.
PINE GROVE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL: The kindergarten will hold its Thanksgiving program at 9:15 a.m. Tuesday in the cafeteria.
SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITY: High school seniors are invited to apply for the Cumberland Farms Believe and Achieve $1,000 scholarship. It is open to students who live within 30 miles of any Cumberland Farms retail convenience store. Applications can be submitted online through cumberlandfarms.com/doinggood and are open until Dec. 15.
WEST HERNANDO MIDDLE SCHOOL: The Title I Committee will meet from 3:45 to 4:30 p.m. Nov. 30 in the Title I Family Center.
• The School Advisory Council will meet from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. Nov. 30 in the media library. All parents and students are invited.
WESTSIDE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL: Students in third through fifth grades, along with their parents, are invited to the FCAT Family Fun Night from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Dec. 1 to receive strategies and suggestions on how to help their children to do better on the FCAT up in March. Those attending will also find out how the FCAT scores impact their children. The students will be engaged in playing games and other hands-on activities at several FCAT-related teacher stations while adults attend the workshop. Child care for ages 3-7 will be provided upon request. Call (352) 797-7080.
• The Principal's Coffee & Chat for parents and guardians will be from 8:45 to 10 a.m. Friday at Denny's Restaurant on Commercial Way. Complementary coffee and pancake puppies will be provided by Denny's.