Sponsors are needed for brain bowl
The Rotary Club of Spring Hill is seeking sponsors for the 21st annual Rotary of Spring Hill/Kevin Coit Middle School Brain Bowl, which will be March 16 at Challenger K-8 School of Science and Mathematics, the defending champion. The Brain Bowl is an academic competition among Hernando County's public middle schools. Sponsorships help provide T-shirts, door prizes, goody bags, awards and a pizza lunch for the students and their families. For information, call Jim Stewart at (352) 683-3627.
CHALLENGER K-8: The School Advisory Council will meet 6 p.m. Tuesday in the media center.
EASTSIDE ELEMENTARY: The School Advisory Council will meet at 4:30 p.m. March 19 in Room 109.
PINE GROVE ELEMENTARY: The Parent-Teacher Organization will meet at 4:30 p.m. today in Room 800.
• The School Advisory Council will meet at 4:30 p.m. March 14 in Room 800.
• All-School Skate Night will be from 5:30 to 8 p.m. March 18 at the Locomo Skate-Dance-Party on County Line Road in Spring Hill.
PARROTT MIDDLE: The School Advisory Council and Title 1 Committee will meet at 4:45 p.m. March 18 in the media center.
• The school's first schoolwide Parent Institute will begin at 4 p.m. March 21 with information about Career Central. A light dinner will be provided, and parents will have an opportunity to mingle and visit informational tables as well as urge their children to participate in Parrott's Spring Break Book Pledge Challenge. There will be mini workshop sessions with topics to inform and help parents assist their children by promoting academic success. There will be door prizes. Contact Title 1 parent educator Kris Noto at (352) 797-7075, ext. 256, or [email protected] to make a family reservation. Space is limited.
• The annual Student Government Association carnival is March 22. Volunteers are needed to assist with game booths and food tables. If interested, contact Kris Noto, 797-7075, ext. 256, or [email protected]
SCHOOL BOARD MEETING: The board will meet at 7 p.m. March 19 in the district office at 919 N Broad St., Brooksville.
SPRING HILL ELEMENTARY: The Parent-Teacher-Student Organization will meet at 4:15 p.m. March 21 in the family center.
SPRINGSTEAD HIGH: The School Advisory Council will meet at 6:30 p.m. March 19 in the Springstead Cafe.
WRITING CONTEST: Hernando County youth ages 14 to 25 are invited to go to royalwriters.org, register and enter to win a Google Chrome laptop by writing a blog on the subject of choices or the community. The contest ends March 31.
WEST HERNANDO MIDDLE: The School Advisory Council will meet at 4:45 p.m. Monday in the media center.
• The School Advisory Council, Title 1 Committee and Parent-Teacher-Student Association will meet on April 1. The SAC and Title 1 meetings start at 4:45 p.m. Immediately afterward, the PTSA will meet. For information, call Tula Kelleher, Title 1 parent educator at (352) 797-7035, ext. 256.
WINDING WATERS K-8: The school will hold a Book Fair/Parent Night and Dr. Seuss Pajama Party from 6 to 8 p.m. today.
• The School Advisory Council will meet at 6 p.m. Tuesday in the media center.