• A parent workshop, Corrective Reading, will be held from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Oct. 15 in the media center.
• Eighth-grade families are invited to a Guided Voyage Expedition from 6 to 7 p.m. Oct. 17 in the gymnasium.
Nature Coast Technical High School:
• The Parent Teacher Student Association will meet at 4:30 p.m. Tuesday in the media center.
• The School Advisory Council will meet at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday in the media center.
Parent Institute: The Hernando County School Board invites parents and students to its eighth annual Parent Institute Oct. 22 at West Hernando Middle School. The event is free and begins with registration from 5:30 to 6 p.m. There will be exhibitors and a complimentary sandwich dinner from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. with the Parent Institute running from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. There will be workshops for parents and students which may include: reading, math, brain training, How to Help Your Child with FCAT, discipline, art, music, learning styles, nutrition, drug and alcohol abuse, gifted sessions, disability awareness and transition issues. Parents are asked to register before Oct. 19, which can be done on-line at the Hernando School Board Web site.
Pine Grove Elementary School:
• The book fair will be open from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesday through Friday in the media center. It will be available to parents until 8 p.m. tonight.
• The PTA will meet from 4:30 to 5:30 tonight in the music room.
• Accelerated Reader night will be held from 4:30 to 6:30 tonight in the computer lab.
• The school will hold its fall festival from 5:30-7:30 p.m. Oct. 30 on the campus.
For information about these events, call (352) 797-7090.
Powell Middle School: The School Advisory Council will meet at 6:15 p.m. Oct. 15 in the media center. The agenda includes the election of SAC members, officers and approval of the School Improvement Plan.