CENTRAL HIGH SCHOOL: The drama department will present two productions, a children's show called The Just So Stories by Rudyard Kipling and The Bad Seed by Maxwell Anderson.
The Just SoStories will be shown to Pine Grove and Suncoast elementary school students and a free community matinee will be performed at noon Saturday in the school auditorium.
The Bad Seed will be performed at 7 tonight and Friday in the auditorium. Tickets will be sold at the door for $4. This is the story of a serial killer's offspring, a 10-year-old girl who murders without any remorse.
HERNANDO HIGH SCHOOL: The School Advisory Council will meet at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday in the media center. For information, call Marianne Bennett at (352) 797-7015, ext. 406.
NATURE COAST TECHNICAL HIGH SCHOOL: The Shark Theater will present the musical comedy The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee at 7 p.m. April 29, 30 and May 1 with an additional 2 p.m. matinee on May 1 in the Black Box Theatre. Tickets are $10 for adults and $6 for students.
PARROTT MIDDLE SCHOOL: The Hernando County Stars benefit hockey game will be at 2:30 p.m. Saturday at Sportzone II in New Port Richey. There is a $5 requested donation. Call Deputy Ken Keeney at (352) 797-7075, ext. 215 or (352) 279-6653 for tickets and information. Bus transportation is available for Parrott students for an additional $2 donation. The bus will depart at 1 p.m. and return about 5 p.m. The game will help provide prescription glasses, school supplies and field trips to Parrott students.
PINE GROVE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL: The School Advisory Council will meet from 4:15 to 5:15 p.m. May 6 in Room 800. For information, call (352) 797-7090.
• The PTA will meet from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. May 13 in Room 700.
• The school's public performance of its spring musical, The Wizard of Oz, presented by the fourth- and fifth-grade chorus under the direction of Clara Pearson, will be from 7 to 8 p.m. May 13 and 14 in the cafeteria.
• Patty Doyle's Poetry Cafe for parents will be from 6 to 7 p.m. May 18 in Room 700.
• The School Advisory Council will meet from 4:15 to 5:15 p.m. June 3 in Room 800.
WEST HERNANDO MIDDLE SCHOOL: The Title I Committee will meet from 3:45 to 4:30 p.m. in the Writing Lab. The School Advisory Council will meet from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. Monday in the library media center. All parents and students are invited.
• The All Pro Dads Breakfast will be from 6:30 to 7:15 a.m. Wednesday in the school cafeteria. Team up with other dads and kids for a quick breakfast and a 45-minute program on fatherhood and family topics.