Central High School: Sophomore Kasey Kupcik has been elected vice president of the Florida Chapter of DECA, an organization of marketing students with more than 180,000 members worldwide.
Challenger K-8: SAC meeting, 6 p.m. Tuesday in the Media Center. Call (352) 797-7024.
Chocachatti Elementary School: There will be a kindergarten-second grade Family Night for the Science Fair 7-8 p.m. April 6 in the cafeteria. A telescope will be there to view the night sky and moon.
• Elementary District Individual Science Fair Awards will be 5:45-7 p.m. April 7 at the school.
Deltona Elementary School: The Title I and School Advisory Council will meet at 6 p.m. April 25 in the New Media center.
• The third grade musical performance will be 7-8 p.m. April 28 in the cafeteria.
Hernando Christian Academy: The school will host an open house for potential students 6 p.m. April 28 and May 12
Hernando County Education Foundation: The foundation presents "An Evening of Elegance for Education," a dinner and show at 7 p.m. (doors open at 6 p.m.) Friday at the Palace Grand. Have dinner as Envy Model & Talent presents style and fashions from Fine Lines Boutique and Fashion Bug, featuring special guest Miss Florida and other celebrities. Then dance the night away. Tickets are $50, $75 for premier seating, available at the three Hernando County Suncoast Schools Federal Credit Union sites or contact Tracy Echols at (352) 277-3322 or [email protected] The event is sponsored by the St. Petersburg Times and Suncoast for Kids Foundation/Suncoast Schools Federal Credit Union.
Notre Dame Catholic School: The school will host an open house for potential students, 6:30-8:30 p.m. Friday.
• "Night at the Museum," an open house, will be at 6:30 p.m. Friday. Tickets for the school's annual fundraiser will be available as well. Tickets are $100 and there will be eight prize drawings of $5,000 each from April to October. A ticket order form with details can be found at www.ndischool.org/ WebsitePromo.pdf.
Springstead High School: The fourth parent workshop will be 6:30-7:30 p.m. today in the Media Center for ninth-grade parents. Parents will receive free books and additional resources that can be used by their children while in high school. Topics at the workshop include: FCAT testing, end of course tests, scheduling, course failures, and recommended summer reading. The parent workshop is sponsored by the F.W. Springstead's Leadership Team and is funded by the Hernando County Education Foundation grant.
• The 30-year reunion for the classes of 1979, 1980, 1981 and 1982, the original classes at Springstead when it opened in 1975, will be July 15-17 in Spring Hill. E-mail [email protected] or call Carla or Ed Audette at (352) 686-3188.
Weeki Wachee High School: The Weeki Wachee High School Fun Fest will be 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday. There will also be a community garage sale from 8 a.m. to noon. Table rentals are available for $10. For information, call (352) 797-7029, ext. 406 or 407.
• The School Advisory Council will meet at 6:30 p.m. Monday in the media center.
• The athletic booster club will meet at 6 p.m. Tuesday in the gym. All parents and students are invited. Call (352) 797-7029.
To reach Paulette Lash Ritchie, e-mail [email protected]