keep up to date on shots
A change in state law will require all children entering kindergarten in August to have received two doses of immunization to prevent chickenpox rather than the one dose previously required. Students who have not received both doses of the varicella vaccine, and who cannot document that they've had chickenpox, will be turned away the first day of school. Additionally, incoming seventh-graders now must receive a tetanus-diphtheria-pertussis (Tdap) or tetanusdiphtheria booster (Td).
Here is a list of K-12 immunizations that will be required for the 2008-09 school year:
• Four or five doses of diphtheria-tetanus-pertussis (DTaP) vaccine
• Two or three doses of hepatitis B (hep B) vaccine
• Three or four doses of polio vaccine
• Two doses of measles-mumps-rubella (MMR) vaccine
• Two doses of varicella vaccine for kindergarten
• One dose of varicella vaccine for grades 1-7
For information, call Rita Becchetti at 588-6320.