Haven't taken care of those immunizations yet? How about that sports physical?
Now's the time to get to it. Make that appointment with your family physician or check out some of the offerings listed:
Pasco County Health Department offers free immunizations. Children must be accompanied by an adult relative or legal guardian to receive immunizations. A copy of each child's immunization record and a photo identification of the adult relative or legal guardian are required. For information on required childhood immunizations, visit www.pasco.k12.fl.us/studentservices/programs/immunizations. or doh.state.fl.us/chdPasco/Service_Brochures.html.
Call for immunization times or to schedule an appointment at these sites:
• 10841 Little Road, New Port Richey. Call (727) 861-5250.
• 5640 Main St., New Port Richey. Call (727) 841-4425.
• 11611 Denton Ave., Hudson. Call (727) 861-5661.
• 13941 15th St., Dade City. Call (352) 521-1450.
• 4135 Land O'Lakes Blvd., Land O'Lakes. Call (813) 558-5173.
• 4717 Airport Road, Zephyrhills. Call (813) 780-0740.
Other family services include well-child check-ups, school and sports physicals, family planning, sexually transmitted disease screening and treatment, HIV testing and counseling, tuberculosis screening and treatment, chronic disease medication, and dental services for those who qualify.
• Morton Plant North Bay Hospital Back to School Health Fair from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at the Bay Medical Arts Building, 6633 Forest Ave., New Port Richey. To register, call (727) 940-2804.
The following will be offered free for all Pre-K--12 Pasco County school students: school/sports physicals, cardiac screenings: EKG and Echo (high school student athletes only), general health information and fingerprinting (provided by the Pasco County Sheriff's Office).
All students under age 18 must have a signed permission slip or have a parent or guardian present with them on the day of the event to participate in the above. Permission slips will be provided upon registration. All students 18 and older must bring photo identification.
In addition, the Pasco County Health Department will provide school immunizations (bring immunization records) and dental screenings for free. All students must be accompanied by a parent or guardian to receive these services.