Thursday: Adult Education graduation
Sept. 2: Labor Day, no school
Centennial Middle: Seventh and eighth grade open house, 6 p.m. Thursday.
Chasco Middle: Open house, 5 to 7 p.m. Thursday.
Land O'Lakes High: Underclass pictures, Wednesday. Open house, 6 p.m. Sept. 3.
J.W. Mitchell High: Parent University/Open House, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Wednesday.
Ridgewood High: Open house, 6:30 p.m. Monday.. Underclass pictures, Tuesday. Senior pictures, Wednesday.
Richey Elementary: Kindergarten orientation, 5:30 to 7 p.m. Wednesday. Book fair starts Sept. 3.
Seven Springs Middle: Seventh and eighth grade open house, 6 to 8 p.m. Wednesday.
Watergrass Elementary: Book fair, Monday through Friday Open school night, Thursday.
Wesley Chapel High: Open house, 6:30 p.m. Monday.
Zephyrhills High: Open house, 6 to 7:30 p.m. Monday.
• Art work created by St. Anthony Catholic School students will be on display through Wednesday in the children's section of Hugh Embry Library in Dade City.
Hugh Embry, 14215 Fourth St., Dade City. (352) 567-3576
• Family Movie Matinee, 2 p.m. Saturday. For kids 12 and under with parent or guardian.
Hudson Regional, 8012 Library Road, Hudson. (727) 861-3040
• Teen Sketch Night, 6 p.m. Tuesday. Grades 6 through 12.
Land O'Lakes, 2818 Collier Parkway, Land O'Lakes
• Romance and Mystery Book Sale, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Hardbacks $1; paperbacks 50 cents. Proceeds help library programming.
• Teen Advisory Board (TAB) elections, 6 p.m. Tuesday Elections will be held for president, vice president and secretary for the 2013-14 year. Grades 6 through 12.
New River, 34043 State Road 54, Zephyrhills. (813) 788-6375
• Children's Popcorn and a Movie, 1:15 p.m. Saturday Grades K through 5.
Regency Park, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey. (727) 861-3049
• Anime Club, 4 p.m. Wednesday Grades 6 through 12.
• Tail Waggin' Tutors, 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. Thursday.
South Holiday, 4649 Mile Stretch Drive, Holiday. (727) 834-3331
• Sit-N-Knit, 11 a.m. Saturday. Supplies provided for in-house use or bring your own projects. All ages.
• Applications for the Free and Reduced Meal program are available at schools and online. A new household application must be submitted at the start of each school year. Last year's meal eligibility status expires Sept. 6. A student who received free or reduced-price meal benefits in the 2012-2013 school year who has not submitted a new application and has not been approved by Sept. 6 will be required to pay full price for all meals. To apply online go to www.pasco.k12.fl.us; search "meal information."
• Volunteer applications must be completed and approved annually. Those planning to help or serve as a chaperone should fill out an application at www.pasco.k12.fl.us; search "volunteer."
Send your school news to email@example.com.