• Monday is Labor Day, no school
Gulfside Elementary: Kindergarten through second-grade open house, 5:30 p.m. Wednesday. Third- through fifth-grade open house, 5:30 p.m. Thursday. During open house, registration will be accepted for the reduced-price soccer program. Cost is $25 for kids on free and reduced lunch and $45 for paid lunches. Scholarships available for those who cannot pay. Registration is also from 10 a.m. to noon Saturday .
Hudson Elementary: Volunteer orientation, 10 a.m. Thursday. Book fair, 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Friday through Sept. 12; 5 to 7 p.m. Sept. 10.
Centennial Park, 5740 Moog Road, Holiday. (727) 834-3204
• Paws for Friendship, 4 p.m. Thursday. Grades K through 5.
• Tie Dye, 2 p.m. Saturday. Grades K through 5.
Hugh Embry, 14215 Fourth St., Dade City. (352) 567-3576
• Teens Create, 4 p.m. Thursday. Grades 6 through 12.
• Kids' Fun Factory, 2 p.m. Saturday. Ages 10 and under.
Hudson Regional, 8012 Library Road, Hudson. (727) 861-3040
• Teen Advisory Board (TAB), 6 p.m. Tuesday. Grades 6 through 12.
Land O'Lakes, 2818 Collier Parkway, Land O'Lakes
• Anime Club, 6 p.m. Tuesday. Grades 6 to 12.
• Popcorn and a Movie, 2 p.m. Saturday. Grades K through 5.
New River, 34043 State Road 54, Zephyrhills. (813) 788-6375
• Teen Advisory Board (TAB), 6 p.m. Thursday. Grades 6 through 12.
• Anime Club, 6:30 p.m. Thursday. Grades 6 and above.
• Gaming Club, 1 p.m. Saturday. Grades 4 and above.
Regency Park, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey. (727) 861-3049
• Movie and Popcorn, 4:30 p.m. Tuesday. Grades 4 through 7.
• Tail Waggin' Tutors, 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. Thursday.
• LEGO Mania, 2 p.m. Saturday. Grades K through 5.
South Holiday, 4649 Mile Stretch Dr., Holiday. (727) 834-3331
• Teen Advisory Board (TAB), 6 p.m. Wednesday. Grades 6 through 12.
• Teen Anime Club, 2 p.m. Saturday. Grades 6 through 12.
• Youth Leadership Pasco Applications are now being accepted for the class of 2014. The program is designed to identify youths who have leadership potential and to develop their leadership skills. Programs including criminal justice, health care, economic development, media, education, career development and other team-building exercises. All Pasco students who are enrolled as sophomores or juniors during the 2013-14 academic year are eligible to apply at leadershippasco.com by Friday. For information, contact Barbara De Simone at (727) 847-8103 or Rob Aguis at (813) 794-2204.
• Applications for the Free and Reduced Meal program are available at schools and online. A new household application must be submitted at the start of each new school year. Last year's meal eligibility status will expire Friday. A student who received free or reduced-price meal benefits in the 2012-13 school year who has not submitted a new application and has not been approved by the expiration date will be required to pay full price for all meals. To apply online got to www.pasco.k12.fl.us/nutrition/free_reduced/application/.
• Seven Springs Middle School hosts Taste of Trinity, a food and business expo showcasing the diversity of Trinity's dining and retail community, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sept. 14 at the school, 2441 Little Road, New Port Richey. Sample signature dishes and desserts from restaurants while enjoying live entertainment and kids' activities. $5 per person; $15 family four-pack. Proceeds benefit the enhancement of technology for the students of Seven Springs Middle School. (727) 645-2078.
Pasco County high school students may attend SAT or ACT: Which One is Right for You? from 8:45 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Saturday at Wesley Chapel High School's cafeteria, 30651 Wells Road. Students can take a practice test that features a mix of questions from both the SAT and ACT to determine which test is the best fit for them. Prior to the test, Princeton Review provides a strategy session to help raise student scores on both tests. $20 per student. Preregistration is preferred; walk-ins welcome. Bring a calculator and No. 2 pencils. Students will receive a detailed score report that gives a side-by-side comparison of projected test scores. Lunch is provided. (813) 794-8700; PTSAWCHS@yahoo.com.
• The Kiwanis Club of Greater West Pasco and Gulfside Regional Hospice hosted their third successful School Supply Drive. The groups were able to donate close to 200 backpacks full of pencils, Crayons, notebooks and other school supplies to students at seven elementary schools in the county.
Send your school news to email@example.com.