• Sept. 19: Progress reports.
• The African American Club of Pasco will host a Fall Program on Creative Arts for children in kindergarten through sixth grade. The 10-week program will be from 1 to 4 p.m. beginning Saturday at the former Booker T. Washington School, 6105 Pine Hill Road, Port Richey. There is no charge for the program, and snacks will be provided. For information, call (727) 849-5582.
• Korean Drama Club, noon Saturday at the South Holiday Library, 4649 Mile Stretch Drive. Watch Korean dramas (subtitled). Refreshments will be provided. Ages 14 and older. For information on Pasco County Library events held at all branches, go to pascolibraries.org. For information on events held at the New Port Richey Public Library, go to nprlibrary.org.
•The Sertoma Speech & Hearing West Pasco Sertoma Club is seeking volunteers to help screen students for the 2014-15 school year. Last year Sertoma screened more than 13,000 students with the help of local volunteers. All volunteers must fill out an application for a background check. For information, call Pat Manfredo, hearing screening coordinator, at (813) 391-0919 or email email@example.com.
• The Taste of Trinity and Business Expo will be from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sept. 13 at Seven Springs Middle School, 2441 Little Road, New Port Richey. Family fun includes food samples, bounce houses, dunk tank and stage and music performances. Admission is $5 per person; $15 for a family four-pack. Proceeds go the to school's PTSO.
• Pasco-Hernando State College hosts College Night from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday at the east campus, 36727 Blanton Road in Dade City, and from 6 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at the west campus, 10230 Ridge Road, New Port Richey. There will be representatives from more than 100 public and private colleges, universities other educational institutions, the military, technical and trade schools and vocational centers. High school students, their parents and prospective students of all ages are encouraged to attend. For information, see your high school guidance staff.
• Sept 12 is the deadline to register for the SAT to be administered on Oct. 11. Late registration (with fees) is Sept. 30. Go to sat.collegeboard.org. Sept. 19 is the registration deadline for the ACT to be administered on Oct. 25. Late registration (with fees) is Oct. 3. Go to actstudent.org.
• Clerk & Comptroller Constitutional Essay Contest, sponsored by the Office of Paula S. O'Neil. Open to students in fifth grade, who should respond to the question, "Why is the United States Constitution important?" in 300 words or less. First-place winner receives lunch with O'Neil and a tour of the Pasco County courthouse location of his/her choice. First-, second- and third-place winners will each receive a plaque. Deadline is Sept. 26. For information and submission guidelines, go to pascoclerk.com.
Send your school news to firstname.lastname@example.org.