Dec. 20: End of first semester.
Dec. 23-Jan. 3: Winter break.
• The Downtown New Port Richey Art Gallery will feature student artwork from the Genesis Preparatory Academy through Dec. 28 at the gallery, 6231 Grand Blvd. (727) 848-6500 or nprgallery.com.
Center for the Arts at River Ridge, 11646 Town Center Road, New Port Richey. (727) 774-7381:
• Bayonet Point Middle band concert, 7 p.m. Tuesday.
• TheatreWorks USA presents Bunnicula at 10:30 a.m. and noon Wednesday. Grades 2-6. $5.
• Gulf Middle band concert, 7 p.m. Wednesday.
• River Ridge Middle High Fine Arts Showcase, 6 and 8:30 p.m. Friday. $5.
• Day Spring Academy Winter Showcase, 7 p.m. Saturday.
Center for the Arts at Wesley Chapel, 30651 Wells Road, Wesley Chapel. (813) 794-8772 or (727) 774-8772:
• Watergrass Elementray winter concert, 7 p.m. Monday.
• Academy at the Farm winter concert, 6 p.m. Tuesday.
• Connington Elementary winter concert, 7 p.m. Wednesday.
• Weightman Middle winter concert, 7 p.m. Thursday.
• John Long Middle choral concert, 7 p.m. Friday.
Centennial Park, 5740 Moog Road, Holiday, (727) 834-3204.
• Lego Club, 4 p.m. Wednesday. For kids of all ages and their families.
Hudson Regional, 8012 Library Road, (727) 861-3040.
• Teen Advisory Board, 6-7 p.m. Tuesday. Grades 6-12.
• Silly Saturday Dance Party, 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturday. Ages 1-8.
Hugh Embry, 14215 Fourth St., Dade City, (352) 567-3576.
• Teen Travel: Korea & Japan, 4-5:30 p.m. Thursday. A special presentation by teen librarian Paul Stonebridge on his travels to Korea and Japan. Grades 6-12.
• Kids Fun Factory, 2 p.m. Saturday. Grades K-5.
Land O'Lakes, 2818 Collier Parkway, (813) 929-1214.
• Anime Club, 6 p.m. Tuesday. Grades 6-12.
• Teen Game Night and Yu-Gi-Oh Tournament, 6 p.m. Friday. Grades 6-12.
• Reading Buddies, starting at 10 a.m. Saturday. Elementary school readers can sign up for reading practice with a volunteer. Bring a favorite book or choose one from the library. Call (813) 929-1214 to register.
• Beginning Mandarin Chinese, 11 a.m. Saturday. Ages 10 to adult.
• Popcorn and a Movie, 2 p.m. Saturday. Grades K-5.
New Port Richey City Library, 5939 Main St., (727) 853-1279.
• Family game night, 6-7:30 p.m. Wednesday.
New River, 34043 State Road 54, Zephyrhills, (813) 788-6375.
• Homework Help, 3:30-5 p.m. Tuesdays through Fridays. Grades 1-5.
• Teen Advisory Board, 6 p.m. Thursday. Grades 6-12.
• Anime Club, 6:30 p.m. Thursday. Grade 6 and above.
• Gaming Club, 1 p.m. Saturday. Video games, board games and role-playing games. Refreshments provided. Grade 4 and above.
Regency Park, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey, (727) 861-3049.
• Slurpin' Slime!, 4:30 p.m. Tuesday. Grades 4-7.
• Reading to your BBFFs, 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. Thursday. Read to therapy dogs. Elementary grades.
• Lego Mania, 2 p.m. Saturday. Grades K-5.
South Holiday, 4649 Mile Stretch Drive, (727) 834-3312.
• LEGO Maniacs, 4:30 p.m. Tuesday. Grades K-5.
• Anime Club, 2 p.m. Friday.
• Zephyrhills High Financial Aid Night will be from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday.
• Dec. 27 is the registration deadline for the SAT to be administered on Jan. 25. Late registration, with fees, is Jan. 10 (mail) and Jan. 14 (online/telephone). Go to sat.collegeboard.org.
• Nature Coast Festival Music Inc. will award scholarships of up to $1,000 each to two promising musicians. Applicants must be a high school senior in Citrus, Pasco or Hernando county who will be enrolling in a college-level music program. An audition CD and paper application must be submitted to the Scholarship Committee before Jan. 31. If awarded a scholarship, the winner must be available to perform a classical or sacred music selection for at least one Nature Coast Festival Music concert during spring 2014. The recipient must also provide his or her own accompanist or be available to rehearse with the Nature Coast Festival Music Inc. accompanist before the concert(s). For information or an application, email email@example.com or call Jeanmarie Seabaugh, president of Nature Coast Festival Music Inc., at (352) 556-8549. Scholarship winners will be chosen and notified during the last week of February.
• Gulfside Elementary School, 2329 Anclote Blvd., Holiday, is accepting food and children's holiday gift donations to send to Metropolitan Ministries in Holiday. Donations may be dropped off at the school. To get information on Metropolitan Ministries or to register for help for holiday food or gifts, call (727) 937-3268.
• "Feed a Child's Belly With Peanut Butter and Jelly," the 13th annual food drive, is under way through Dec. 13 at Marlowe Elementary School, 5642 Cecelia Drive, New Port Richey. Nonperishable food items will be collected and distributed to local food banks. For information, call (727) 774-8600.
• Schools countywide are collecting holiday gifts and food for less fortunate students and their families through Assist Believe and Care (ABC) programs. To help, call the ABC coordinator at the school of your choice.
Send your school news to firstname.lastname@example.org.