The Pasco County School Board is hosting a Together We Stand — Pasco Youth & Community Summit, from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. June 27, at the Center for the Arts at Wesley Chapel High, 30651 Wells Road. The summit will involve strategic planning, networking and information sharing to build resilience and reduce youth violence, including bullying. The keynote speaker is Roy Kaplan. High school students, parents, educators, local government agencies and faith-based and community leaders will gather to address these issues with the goal of making Pasco County a place where students exist in a nonhostile environment and accept each other's differences. Register atsurveymonkey.com/s/Z6KJL7K. Deadline is June 20. Space is limited. For information, contact the district's Office for Student Support Programs and Services at (813) 794-2362.
Open enrollment for Pasco eSchool for the 2013-14 school year runs from July through Sept. 6. Home school, private school and public school students are welcome to register for online classes at eschool.pasco.k12.fl.us.
Centennial Park, 5740 Moog Road, Holiday (727) 834-3204
• Teen Summer Reading Club Kick Off Party, 6 p.m. Tuesday Grades 6 to 12.
• Troll Time, 2 p.m. Wednesday Grades K to 5.
• Tween Sculpting Trolls, 2 p.m. Friday. Grades 4 to 7.
• Anime Club, 2 p.m. Saturday. Grades 6 to 12.
Hudson Regional, 8012 Library Road (727) 861-3040
• Teen Summer Reading Kick Off: Game Day, 5 to 8 p.m. Tuesday Grades 6 to 12.
• Tween Summer Reading Program: Edible Dirt and a Movie, 2 to 3 p.m. Wednesday Grades 4 to 7
• Summer Movie Madness., 2 to 4 p.m. Friday.
Hugh Embry, 14215 Fourth St,, Dade City (352) 567-3576
• Summer Reading Club Sign Up, Tuesday through Saturday.
• Teen Program: Pigeons Rock, 3 p.m. Wednesday. Grades 6 to 12.
• Kids' Summer Reading Program: Mud Buddies, 11 a.m. Thursday. Grades K to 5.
• Tween Summer YuGiOh! Tournament, 4 p.m. Thursday.
Land O'Lakes, 2818 Collier Parkway, Land O' Lakes (813) 929-1214
• Teen Summer Reading Week 1: Dip Into Chocolate, 6 p.m. Tuesday Grades 6 to 12.
• Waggin' Wednesdays and Summer Reading Club Fair, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesday. Opt to Adopt a pet event from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• Tween Summer Reading Club, 2 p.m. Saturday Ages 9 to 12.
New River, 34043 State Road 54, Zephyrhills (813) 788-6375
• Dig Into Reading Summer Reading Program, 2 p.m. Thursday. Grades K to 5.
• Teen Summer Reading Program: There and Back Again, 6 p.m. Thursday Grades 6 to 12.
• RPG Gaming Club, 2 p.m. Saturday Grades 4 and above.
Regency Park, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey. (727) 861-3049
• Anime Club, 4 p.m. Tuesday. Grades 6 to 12.
• Teen Summer Reading Program: Espionage 101, 4 p.m. Wednesday. Grades 6 to 12.
• Tail Waggin' Tutors, 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. Thursday. Elementary grades.
• Summer Reading Club: Stone Soup. 11:15 a.m. Friday. Grades K to 5.
• Lego Mania. 2 p.m. Saturday. Grades K to 5.
• The Pasco Education Foundation recently honored Diane Heiler and Kathryn Starkey, foundation board members and co-chairwomen of the Cinderella Ball since its inception in 2006. For eight years Heier and Starkey dedicated countless hours to the foundation's annual signature event. In March, the Cinderella Ball raised more than $77,000 to support the Foundation's beneficial programs.
• On May 3, the following teachers earned first-, second- and third-place awards at the Florida Council on Economic Education's 34th annual Governor's Awards For Excellence in Teaching Economics. First place, Econ 101 High School: Eric Johnson and Stefanie Adams, Fivay High. Second place, Personal Financial Literacy High School: Maryanne Meyer, River Ridge High School. Third place, Econ 101 Elementary/Middle School: Carmen Johnson, James M. Marlowe Elementary. For information, visit fcee.org.
Send your school news to email@example.com or fax to (813) 909-4611.