• Monday is the Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. holiday. No school.
The Nature Coast Children's Chorale is holding auditions for its 2011 Spring Session. Auditions will be by appointment at 4100 Barclay Ave. The chorale is a nonprofit community choir open to public, private and homeschooled students in grades 4-12 in Pasco and Hernando counties. The chorale is under the direction of its founder, David Pletincks, who is also choral director at Powell Middle School. The chorale has been accepted to perform in June at the Crescent City Choral Festival in New Orleans and will join with many other children's choirs from around the country to present a performance at the historic St. Louis Cathedral. For information or to schedule an audition, call (352) 442-7060.
Center for the Arts at River Ridge, 11646 Town Center Road, New Port Richey. (727) 774-7382.
• Fivay High Drama presents Fame! at 7 p.m. Jan. 21-22. For information, call (727) 246-4000.
• Arts Power National Touring Company presents Anne of Green Gables at 10:30 a.m. and noon Jan. 26. $4. Grades 2-6.
Center for the Arts at Wesley Chapel High, 30652 Wells Road. (813) 794-8772.
• Lake Myrtle Elementary Winter Musical, 7 p.m. Tuesday and Jan. 19.
• "MatheMagic," featuring magician Bradley Fields, 10:30 a.m. and noon Jan. 27. Grades 4-8. $4.
Eleanor Dempsey Performing Arts Center at Bishop McLaughlin Catholic High, 13651 Hays Road, Hudson. (727) 857-2604.
• Hat Trick Theater Productions presents David Auburn's Pulitzer Prize-winning drama Proof through Jan. 30. Performance will be at 8 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays and 2 p.m. Sundays. A special "Pay-What-You-Can/Industry Night" performance will be at 8 p.m. Jan. 24. Tickets for adults are $16 at the door or $14 in advance. Tickets for students and seniors are $11 at the door or $9 in advance. Call (727) 857-2604 or e-mail email@example.com.
College Bound/scholarships and financial aid
• 2010-11 scholarship opportunities for graduating seniors: Applications are available online for multiple scholarships offered through the Pasco Education Foundation Inc. Applications must be submitted online and completed no later than 11:59 p.m. Jan. 31. Go to pascoeducationfoundation.org.
• FAFSA (Free Application for Student Aid): Applications started Jan. 1 for the Class of 2011. Aid is first-come, first-served. This is the same application many universities and colleges use to determine school financial aid. Go to fafsa.ed.gov.
• Wesley Chapel High hosts Financial Aid Night at 6:30 p.m. Jan. 20 at the school's Center for the Arts, 30652 Wells Road.
• Blanco Foundation Scholarship (education or nursing). Deadline is Feb. 1. Go to theblancofoundation.org.
• National Co-Op Scholarship. Deadline is Feb. 15. Go to co-op.edu.
• Girls Going Places Entrepreneurship Award. Deadline is Feb. 28. Go to girlsgoingplaces.com.
Centennial Park, 5740 Moog Road, Holiday. (727) 834-3204.
• Anime Club, 2 p.m. Saturday. Grades 6-12.
Hudson Regional, 8012 Library Road. (727) 861-3040; TDD: (727) 861-3024.
• Tweens, Treasures and Tweets, 4:30 p.m. today. Grades 4-7.
Hugh Embry, 14215 Fourth St., Dade City (352) 567-3576.
• Book Bazaar, 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday. Books, DVDs, CDs for sale. Proceeds help fund library programs.
Land O'Lakes, 2818 Collier Parkway. (813) 929-1214.
• Tween Movie Madness, 2 p.m. Saturday. Free snacks included. Ages 9-12 or grades 4-7.
New River, 34043 State Road 54, Zephyrhills. (813) 788-6375.
• Knitwits Knitting Club, 11 a.m. Saturday. Beginners are welcome. Bring a set of medium knitting needles (size 8) and a skein of yarn.
• Tween Movie Madness, 1 p.m. Saturday. Popcorn and juice will be served. Grades 4-7.
• Children's Craft Corner, 2 p.m. Saturday. Grades K-5.
Regency Park, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey. (727) 861-3049.
• Anime Club, 4 p.m. today. Grades 6-12.
• Lego Mania, 6 p.m. Thursday. Grades K-5.
• Video gaming, 1 p.m. Saturday. Grades 4-7.
South Holiday, 4649 Mile Stretch Drive, (727) 834-3331.
• Tween Game Day, 2 p.m. Saturday. Grades 4-7.
Send story ideas and submissions for Top of the Class to Michele Miller; by e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org; fax, (727) 869-6233; regular mail, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. Call Miller at (727) 869-6251 or toll-free at 1-800-333-7505, ext. 6251.