• Report cards will be distributed Monday.
• Jan. 20: Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day, no school.
• Jan. 30: Adult Education graduation.
• The artwork of students from H.C. Schwettman Education Center will be on exhibit throughout January at the Downtown New Port Richey Gallery, 6231 Grand Blvd.
• The Suncoast Arts Fest will be Saturday and Jan. 19 at the Shops at Wiregrass in Wesley Chapel. The event features 130 visual artists and craftsman, and entertainment featuring professional musicians, theatrical artists and youth musical presentations. There will also be interactive artistic activities. The annual festival promotes cultural awareness in Pasco County and benefits "Arts for Kids," a supplemental arts education funding program for area schools.
• Applications are being accepted for the 31st Heritage Arts Spotlight on Talent competition for youngsters up to age 18. The regional performing arts competition awards $3,000 in trophies, ribbons and cash prizes to winners in various age categories and a $1,000 scholarship to a graduating senior. Deadline to enter is Feb. 13. Auditions are March 1. Final show is March 29 at the Center for the Arts at Wesley Chapel. Tickets for adults are $12, or both shows for $20. Student tickets (through high school) are $6, both shows for $10 (under 5 is free). For application and information go to heritagearts.org. Community sponsors are needed. Call (352) 567-1720.
Center for the Arts at River Ridge, 11646 Town Center Road, New Port Richey. (727) 774-7381:
• TheatreWorks USA presents Peter Pan at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday.. Appropriate for grades 2-6. $4.
• Big Screen Movie Classics tribute, 6 p.m. Friday. Call for movie title. $3 suggested donation.
Centennial Park, 5740 Moog Road, Holiday, (727) 834-3204.
• Teen Advisory Board, 4 p.m. Tuesday Grades 6-12.
• Lego Club, 4 p.m. Wednesday. For kids of all ages and their families.
• PAWS for Friendship, 4 p.m. Thursday. Read aloud to a furry friend. Grades K-5.
Hugh Embry, 14215 Fourth St., Dade City. (352) 567-3576
• Tween Yu-Gi-Oh! Club, 4 p.m. Wednesday Grades 5-7.
• Teen Pathfinder Game, 4 p.m. Thursday. Grades 6-12.
• Family Movie & Popcorn, 2 p.m. Saturday. Kids 10 and under with parent/guardian.
Hudson Regional, 8012 Library Road, (727) 861-3040.
• Teen Game Day, 5-7 p.m. Tuesday. Grades 6-12.
• Tween Gaming, 2-3:30 p.m. Saturday. Grades 4-7.
Land O'Lakes, 2818 Collier Parkway, (813) 929-1214.
• Teen Advisory Board, 6 p.m. Tuesday.
• A Taste of Sunshine book club, 5-6 p.m. Wednesday. Grades 3-5.
• Reading Buddies, 10 a.m.-noon Saturday. Children of all ages are welcome to come share a story with a teen or adult volunteer. Call (813) 929-1214 to reserve a reading buddy.
• Kids Crafts: Winter Wonderland, 2-3:30 p.m. Saturday Grades K-5.
New River, 34043 State Road 54, Zephyrhills, (813) 788-6375.
• Homework Help, 3:30-5:30 p.m. Tuesdays through Fridays. Grades 1-5.
• Teen Advisory Board Meeting, 6 p.m. Thursday Grades 6-12.
• Tween Craft, 11:30 a.m. Saturday Grades 4-7.
• Role Playing Gaming, 2 p.m. Saturday. Grades 4 and above.
Regency Park, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey, (727) 861-3049.
• Teen Live Action Clue, 4-5:45 p.m. Wednesday Grades 6-12.
• Read to Your BBFF, 4:30-5:30 p.m. Thursday. Reluctant readers (and readers of all skill levels) can practice reading to furry, friendly therapy dogs. Grades K-5.
• Board Game Bonanza, 2-3 p.m. Saturday. For kids and their families.
South Holiday, 4649 Mile Stretch Drive, (727) 834-3312.
• LEGO Maniacs, 4:30 p.m. Tuesday. Grades K-5.
• Book Hedgehog, 2 p.m. Saturday. Make a cute hedgehog out of a book. Grades 4-7.
• The Thursday Musicale, a women's choral group formed to promote music in Pasco and Hernando counties, offers scholarships to graduating high school seniors who plan to study music in college and make it a career. Deadline to apply is Friday with auditions on Jan. 28 at Trinity Presbyterian Church of Seven Springs, New Port Richey. Contact a high school career counselor and/or music director for applications.
• Nature Coast Festival Music Inc. will award scholarships of up to $1,000 each to two promising musicians. Applicants must be a high school senior in Citrus, Pasco or Hernando county who will be enrolling in a college-level music program. An audition CD and paper application must be submitted to the Scholarship Committee before Jan. 31. For information or an application, email [email protected] or call Jeanmarie Seabaugh, president of Nature Coast Festival Music Inc., at (352) 556-8549. Scholarship winners will be chosen and notified during the last week of February.
• The second season of Gulfside Soccer begins in February for Gulfside Elementary students in grades 1-5 and Paul R. Smith Middle sixth-graders. Registration is 5:30-7 p.m. Tuesday and 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday at the school, 2329 Anclote Blvd., Holiday. Cost is $25-$40. Some scholarships are available. No one is turned away. For information, call (727) 774-6000.
Send your school news to [email protected]