March 17-21: Spring break.
March 31: Report cards.
Gulfside Elementary School will serve free lunches to students over spring break (Monday to March 21) at the school and Weston Oaks Apartments. Food will also be delivered to some of the school's neediest families who cannot get to the school because of lack of transportation. Lunches consist of hamburgers, hot dogs, macaroni and cheese, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, fresh fruit and vegetables and milk. Lunches will be served from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the school, 2329 Anclote Blvd., Holiday, and starting at noon at Weston Oaks Apartments, 1251 Weston Oaks Drive (Alt. U.S. 19), in Holiday. The school is also accepting donations to help fund the lunch program. For information, call principal Chris Clayton at (727) 774-6000 or (727) 424-8159.
• Pasco County high school girls who have no budget for prom can receive assistance from the Cinderella Project of Pasco, which provides new and gently used prom dresses at no cost to young women with financial need. Now in its 10th year, the Cinderella Project accepts donations of prom-style dresses and accessories in excellent condition and contemporary styles. Cash donations are used to purchase new dresses and shoes when sizes are not available in the donated inventory. Girls can try on and pick out an ensemble from 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Saturday and March 29 at 9040 Tryfon Blvd., Trinity (in Trinity Town Center) and 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday only at Bridgeway Church, 30660 Wells Blvd., Wesley Chapel. Those who plan to pick out attire should bring their school ID. For information or to make a donation, call (727) 463-4306 or (630) 338-3681.
Centennial Park, 5740 Moog Road, Holiday, (727) 834-3204.
• Lego Club, 4 p.m. Wednesday. For kids of all ages and their families.
• PAWS for Friendship, 4 p.m. Thursday. Reluctant readers and readers of all skill levels can practice reading aloud to a friendly therapy dog. Elementary grades.
• Donkeys Are Special, 2 p.m. Friday. Farmer Tom will be here with some special friends to promote his book Donkeys Are Special And So Are You! All ages.
• Teen Program: Coming Attractions, noon Saturday. Grades 6-12.
Hudson Regional, 8012 Library Road, (727) 861-3040.
• Teen Game Day, 5-8 p.m. Tuesday. Grades 6-12.
• Teen Game Night., 6-9 p.m. Friday. Grades 6-12.
• Lego-mania, 2-3:15 p.m. Saturday. For kids of all ages
Hugh Embry, 14215 Fourth St., Dade City, (352) 567-3576
• Tween Yu-Gi-Oh! Club, 4 p.m. Wednesday. Grades 4-7.
• Teen Pathfinder Game: Hobbits, 4-6 p.m. Thursday. Grades 8-12.
• Family Movie & Popcorn, 2 p.m. Saturday. For kids 10 and under with parent or guardian.
Land O'Lakes, 2818 Collier Parkway, (813) 929-1214.
• Teen Lego Day, 6 p.m. Tuesday.
• Family Night Out: Superhero Showdown, 6:30 p.m. Tuesday. Recommended for ages 5-12.
• A Taste of Sunshine Book Club, 5 p.m. Wednesday. Featured book is Mousenet by Prudence Breitrose. Grades 3-5.
• Teen Game Night, 6 p.m. Friday.
• Reading Buddies, starting at 10 a.m. Saturday. Elementary school readers can sign up for reading practice with a friendly volunteer. Bring a favorite book or choose one from the library. To register, call the library at (813) 929-1214. Elementary grades.
• Chess Club, 2 p.m. Saturday. Bring your favorite chess set or use one from the library. All ages and skill levels are welcome.
New River, 34043 State Road 54, Zephyrhills, (813) 788-6375.
• Homework Help for grades 1-5, 3:30-5 p.m. Tuesdays through Fridays.
• Teen Advisory Board, 6 p.m. Thursday. Grades 6-12.
Regency Park, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey, (727) 861-3049.
• Duct Tape Bonanza, 4 p.m. Wednesday. Grades 6-12.
• Reading to your BFFs, 4:30 p.m. Thursday. Reluctant readers (and readers of all skill levels) can practice reading to a friendly therapy dog. Elementary grades.
• Comic Book Jeopardy, 2 p.m. Saturday. Grades 4-7.
South Holiday, 4649 Mile Stretch Drive, (727) 834-3312.
• Lego Maniacs, 4:30 p.m. Tuesday. Grades K-5.
• Movie & Munchies After Hours Double Feature, 6 p.m. Wednesday. Grades 6-12.
• Basic Japanese I: Sign up for a series of five classes that start April 12. Space is limited; registration is required. Grades 6-12.
Send your school news to firstname.lastname@example.org.