Moon Lake Elementary: Literacy Day 9:45 a.m. to 3:35 p.m. Friday. Superintendent Kurt Browning will read to students.
Cypress Elementary: Student of the Month celebration, 9:50 a.m. Friday. Annual golf outing Saturday at River Ridge Golf and Country Club; registration begins at noon, shotgun start at 1 p.m., cost $50.
Hudson Middle: Parent Curriculum Night for outgoing eighth-grade students, 6 to 7 p.m. today at Hudson High.
Marlowe Elementary: The PTO is planning for the annual school dance with a "Go Green" theme featuring a silent auction consisting of recycled items. Those who have any gently used items can drop off donations in the front office until March 15. No stuffed toys or clothing.
Northwest Elementary: Spring class and individual pictures will be taken today.
Richey Elementary: The school is seeking photos, report cards and textbooks from the early days that would be copied and returned or displayed as part of the school's Memory Wall. Contact Kim Stratman at (727) 774-3507 or email@example.com.
Wesley Chapel High: National Honor Society induction, 7 p.m. Tuesday.
West Zephyrhills Elementary: Dr. Seuss birthday celebration, 5:30-7 p.m. Thursday in the cafeteria and media center.
• Richey Suncoast Theatre presents the high school talent show, "Ticket to Broadway," at 8 p.m. March 16 and 2:30 p.m. March 17 at the theatre, 6237 Grand Blvd., New Port Richey. (727) 842-6777.
Center for the Arts at River Ridge, 11646 Town Center Road, New Port Richey. (727) 774-7381.
• River Ridge Middle School drama production, The Little Mermaid, 7 p.m. Friday, 2 and 7 p.m. Saturday. $5.
• River Ridge Middle/High combined concert, 7 p.m. Monday.
Center for the Arts at Wesley Chapel, 30651 Wells Road. (813) 794-8772 or (727) 774-8772.
• Connerton Elementary School Music Concert, 7 p.m. Thursday.
• Final competition for the Heritage Arts Center Association's "Spotlight on Talent" will be held March 16. Act 1, set to start at noon, will consist of younger finalists, and Act 2 at 7 p.m. will feature older competitors. Tickets for adults are $12 for one show; $20 for both. Tickets for students are $6 for one show; $10 for both; children under 5 are free. To become a community sponsor, email Barbara Friedman at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (352) 567-1720.
• The Pasco County School District will host two meetings about proposals to temporarily close Quail Hollow and Shady Hills elementary schools for renovations beginning in the 2013-14 school year: Quail Hollow Elementary, 7 p.m. today in the school media center, 7050 Quail Hollow Blvd., Wesley Chapel. Shady Hills Elementary: 6 p.m. Tuesday in the media center, 18000 Shady Hills Road, Spring Hill.
• Members of Delta Kappa Gamma, a teachers' sorority, will experience "Laughing Out Loud," presented by certified laugh leader Bunnie McCormack at 5 p.m. Monday at Gulf Middle School, 6419 Louisiana Ave., New Port Richey. McCormack, a retired media specialist at Chasco Middle, will talk about the value of laughter.
Send your school news to Michele Miller at email@example.com; fax at (813) 909-4611 or mail at 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, Fl. 34668.