Gulf High: Health Career Academy Pinning Ceremony, 2 p.m. May 19 for 11th-graders.
Hudson Middle: Used book fair, Monday through May 21.
Moon Lake Elementary: PTA meeting, 4:15 p.m. today. Book Fair ends Friday.
Northwest Elementary: Advisory council, 8 a.m. Tuesday.
Wesley Chapel High: Night of Excellence, 6:30 p.m. today.
Deer Park Elementary Art Show, 3 p.m. Thursday. •An instrumental concert will be at 6:30 p.m. Thursday.
The River Ridge Alumni Association presents a fundraising dinner show The Godfather's Meshuggener Wedding: A Jewish/Italian Interactive Wedding Comedy, from 5 to 8 p.m. Saturday at Seven Springs Country Club in New Port Richey. Tickets to the audience participation show cost $35. Sponsorships and volunteer opportunities are available. Call (727) 389-4496 for information or tickets. Proceeds will go to establish scholarships for River Ridge students and the school's Distinguished Alumni Hall of Fame.
Center for the Arts at River Ridge, 11646 Town Center Road, New Port Richey.
• District Tropicana Speech Contest, 8:30 a.m. Thursday.
• J.W. Mitchell High band concert, 7 p.m. Friday.
• River Ridge High band concert, 7 p.m. Saturday.
• Calusa Elementary concert, 7 p.m. Monday.
• Deer Park Elementary concert, 7 p.m. Tuesday.
• Cypress Elementary concert, 7 p.m. May 19.
Center for the Arts at Wesley Chapel, 30651 Wells Road.
• Weightman Middle band and choral concert, 7 p.m. Thursday.
• Countryside Montessori concert, 7 p.m. Friday.
• Lake Myrtle Elementary Spring Musical, 7 p.m. Monday.
Paul R. Smith Middle School, 1410 Sweetbriar Drive, in Holiday presents the 3rd Annual Freedom March at 9:30 a.m. Saturday. The march supports the neighborhood, the Sheriff's Office and local businesses united against gang involvement. The public is encouraged to participate, have free food and fun. Guest speakers are state Sen. Mike Fasano and Sheriff Bob White. The Unity March will loop through the community and back to the campus of Paul R. Smith, where there will be safety stations and activities. Stations will be set up to recognize the military, including the presentation of the story of Paul R. Smith, the Medal of Honor recipient and the school's namesake.
• Pasco Education Foundation's "Pasco County Public Schools Rays Day" is May 29. County residents are invited to see the Rays take on the Chicago White Sox at 7:10 p.m. along with the Daryl Hall and John Oates postgame concert. A pregame ceremony on the field honors the Pasco Teacher of the Year, Sean Gaudet; School-Related Personnel of the Year, Clara Barlow; Noninstructional Nonbargaining Employee of the Year, Eddie Flicker; and Administrator of the Year, Kevin Shibley. Tickets are $18 (upper reserve) and $24 (outfield). There is no surcharge. Tickets must be purchased online. Deadline to order is Friday. Go to pascoeducationfoundation.org and click on the Rays logo.
Send your school news to Michele Miller at Miller@sptimes.com, by fax at (727) 869-6233 or by regular mail to 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668.