• April 15-26: FCAT 2.0 Reading, Math, Science
• The Pasco Arts Council celebrates National Poetry Month in April with its seventh annual Jacaranda Poetry Festival at 1 p.m. April 20. Entries may be hand delivered (or mailed if postmarked today) to Pasco Arts Council, 5744 Moog Road, Holiday, FL 34690-2354, Attention: Jacaranda Poetry. Poems must be original and not previously published. Entry fee is $3 per poem. Enclose three copies of each poem; one with name, address, phone number and email address, and the other two without ANY identification (for use by the judges).
Center for the Arts at River Ridge, 11646 Town Center Road, New Port Richey. (727) 774-7381.
• Cypress Elementary musical production, 7 p.m. Monday.
• Theatreworks USA presents Give a Mouse a Cookie at 10:30 a.m. and noon Tuesday.
Center for the Arts at Wesley Chapel, 30651 Wells Road. (813) 794-8772 or (727) 774-8772.
• Wesley Chapel High drama presents Up the Down Staircase at 7 p.m. Thursday and Friday.
• Wiregrass Ranch High drama presents Bye Bye Birdie at 7 p.m. April 11-13 and 2 p.m. April 13-14. Tickets are $10 for adults; $8 for students and $5 for children 10 and younger. Purchase advance tickets at seatyourself.biz.
Centennial Park Library, 5740 Moog Road, Holiday, (727) 834-3204.
• After Hours Gaming, 5 p.m. Friday. Teens.
• Lego Creations, 2 p.m. Saturday. Grades K-5.
Land O'Lakes Library, 2818 Collier Parkway, Land O'Lakes, (813) 929-1214.
• Teen Game Night, 6 p.m. Friday. Ages 11-18.
• Popcorn and a Movie, 2 p.m. Saturday. Elementary grades.
New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main St., New Port Richey. (727) 853-1279.
• Crafts and Creations Club, 4 p.m. Tuesday. Teens.
New River Library, 34043 State Road 54, Zephyrhills. (813) 788-6375.
• Homework Help for Grades 1-5, 3:30-5 p.m. Tuesdays through Fridays. Provided by teen volunteers.
Regency Park Branch, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey. (727) 861-3049.
• Tail Waggin' Tutors, 4:30 p.m. Thursday. Elementary ages.
• LEGO Mania, 6 p.m. Thursday. Grades K-5.
• Game On! 1 p.m. Saturday. Grades 4-7.
• The American Cancer Society Relay for Life of Wiregrass is launching "The Next Great Singer" Vocalist Contest, a Web-based talent search. Finalist performances will be at 6 p.m. April 21 at Quail Hollow Country Club in Wesley Chapel. The event is open to the public for $10 per ticket. Contestants should fill out an entry form and submit a performance video at nextgreatsinger.com by Friday. The $25 entry fee will be donated by Milorian Studio to the Relay for Life.
• Gulfside Elementary School in Holiday is working with Metropolitan Ministries and local churches to offer free meals to needy families each Saturday night beginning in April. For information, call (727) 774-6000.
Send your school news to Michele Miller at email@example.com or fax to (813) 909-4611.