April 2: Teacher Planning Day. No school for students.
April 16: Report cards are distributed.
Deer Park Elementary: Field Day, 9 a.m. to 2:35 p.m. Thursday.
Gulfside Elementary: Walk-a-thon, Thursday.
Mittye P. Locke Elementary: Spring and class pictures, today.
Moon Lake Elementary: Field Day, Thursday. • Skate Night, 6 to 8 p.m. Thursday at SpinNations in Port Richey.
Northwest Elementary: Skate party, 6:30 p.m. today.
Land O'Lakes, 2818 Collier Parkway. (813) 929-1214.
• Tween Anime Movie, 3 p.m. Saturday. Grades 4-7.
• Anime Club, 6 p.m. Tuesday.
Regency Park, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey. (727) 861-3049.
• Video Games for Tweens, 2 p.m. Saturday. Grades 4-7.
South Holiday, 4649 Mile Stretch Drive (727) 834-3331.
• Anime Club, 2 p.m. Saturday. Teens.
• Applications for the Pasco Education Foundation Inc.'s 2010 Employee Scholarship Program are available online at PascoEducationFoundation.org. The deadline to submit an application will be April 25 at 11:59 p.m.
• U.S. Rep. Ginny Brown-Waite is accepting applications from 5th district constituents for the 2010 Congressional Page Program. To apply, fill out the application at brown-waite.house.gov. All applications must be completed and mailed or delivered by April 9 to the congresswoman's office at 16224 Spring Hill Drive, Brooksville, FL 34604. For information, call toll-free, 1-866-492-4835.
• Hernando-Pasco Hospice will host a two-part volunteer training for teens age 14 and older. Training will be from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. April 10 and April 17 at the Marliere Hospice Care Center, 6801 Rowan Road, New Port Richey. Office support with emphasis on computer work and thrift store assistance is needed. Those 18 and older can visit with patients. Preregistration is required by calling Gerry Conte, volunteer coordinator, at (727) 849-2629. For information, go to HPH-Hospice.org.
• Pasco County high school girls who have no budget for prom this year can once again receive fashion assistance from some real-life fairy godmothers. The Cinderella Project, which returns for its sixth year, provides new and gently used prom dresses and accessories at no cost to young women who have financial need. Donations of prom-style dresses, shoes, purses, costume jewelry and other accessories may be dropped off at any high school. "Boutique events," in which the girls may try on and pick out their dresses and accessories, will be 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. April 17 and 24. The west Pasco boutique will be at 6321 Grand Blvd. in downtown New Port Richey. The location for the east Pasco boutique will be announced. A school I.D. badge is required at the boutique events. For information or to make a cash donation, call (727) 858-1281 or (727) 389-3112.
• The Pasco Education Foundation and Richey Suncoast Theatre's Ticket To Broadway will be at 8 p.m. on April 17 at the Richey Suncoast Theatre, 6237 Grand Blvd., New Port Richey. High school students will vie for first, second and third place prizes. The audience will have a chance to vote for the "People's Choice" award. Tickets are $15 and may be purchased by calling the theatre box office at (727) 842-6777. Proceeds will provide funding for the Richey Suncoast Theater Performing Arts Scholarships through the Foundation's Scholarship Opportunities for Graduating Seniors. Corporate and individual sponsorships are available. For information, contact the Pasco Education Foundation Inc. at (813) 794-2705, (727) 774-2705 or (352) 524-2705.
Center for the Arts at Wesley Chapel, 30651 Wells Road.
• All County Band concert, 4 p.m. April 17.
• Oakstead Elementary concert, April 19.
• Academy at the Farm Spring concert, 7 p.m. April 20.
• "Incredible Speediness of James Cavanaugh," 10:30 a.m. and noon April 23. Grades 4-8. $4.
• Wesley Chapel Elementary fourth and fifth grade concert, 7 p.m. April 27.
• Sanders Elementary Spring Concert, 7 p.m. April 28.
• Quail Hollow Elementary Spring Concert, 7 p.m. April 30.
Send your school news to Michele Miller at Miller@sptimes.com, by fax at (727) 869-6233 or by regular mail to 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668.