Anclote High: Advisory council, 7 a.m. Tuesday.
Calusa Elementary: Open house, 6 to 7:30 p.m. today for primary grades; 6-7:30 p.m. Thursday for intermediate grades.
Centennial Middle: Open house, 6 p.m. Thursday for grades 7 and 8.
Connerton Elementary: Fall pictures taken today.
Crews Lake Middle: Open house, 6-8 p.m. Thursday.
Gulfside Elementary: Healthy School Kick Off Assembly is Friday.
Gulf Highlands Elementary: Open house, 6-6:45 p.m. Tuesday for primary grades and 7:15-8 p.m. for intermediate grades.
Land O'Lakes High: Underclassmen pictures, today.
Pasco Middle: Scholastic Book Fair ends Friday.
Paul R. Smith Middle: Open house, 6:30-8 p.m. Thursday.
R.B. Stewart Middle: Open house, 6-8 p.m. Thursday.
Veterans Elementary: Open house, 6-7:30 p.m. Thursday.
Wesley Chapel High: Open house, 5:30 p.m. Tuesday.
West Zephyrhills Elementary: School Advisory Council nominations due Friday. • Open house and Title 1 meeting, 6-7:30 p.m. Tuesday. • The Book Fair will be open the evening of open house and goes through Sept. 8. • PreK Sertoma hearing testing is Tuesday • PreK parent meeting at 9:30 am Sept. 5.
Pottberg Library at Pasco-Hernando Community College, 10230 Ridge Road, New Port Richey.
• Work by photographer and Gulf High art teacher Lisa Barrus is on display in the exhibit "Randomality at 52" through Sept. 20 at the gallery. Hours are 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Friday. Call (727) 816-3231.
Centennial Branch Library, 5740 Moog Road, Holiday. (727) 834-3204.
• Beading Extravaganza, 2 p.m. Saturday.
Land O'Lakes Library, 2818 Collier Parkway, Land O'Lakes. (813) 929-1214.
• Popcorn and a Movie, 2 p.m. Saturday.
Regency Park Branch, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey. (727) 861-3049.
• Tail Waggin' Tutors, 4:30 p.m. Thursday.
• Sept. 7 is the deadline to register for the SAT administered on Oct. 6. Late deadline (with fees) is Sept. 21. Go to sat.collegeboard.org.
• The Princeton Review offers a free, full-length practice SAT exam from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sept. 8 at the Tarpon Springs Public Library, 138 E Lemon St. Students will get a detailed score report outlining their strengths and weaknesses. Preregistration is required. To register, call toll-free 1-800-273-8439, or online at princetonreview.com/events. For more information, contact the library at (727) 943-4922 or email@example.com.
• Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point culminated its annual backpack program. This year's committee distributed 120 backpacks. In addition, 16 boxes of school supplies were given to area schools. Committee members are chaplain Jack Long, Elaine Snee, Johnnie Keegan, Helen Machie, Marianne Vigilis, Steve Goldstein and Glen Baker. Also helping were supervisors in the Environmental Services program.
Send your school news to Michele Miller. Email her at firstname.lastname@example.org; by mail, 11321 US Highway 19, Port Richey, Fl. 34668; by fax at (813) 909-4611 or call (813) 435-7307.