• April 15-26: FCAT 2.0, reading, math, science.
Gulfside Elementary: All Pro Dad breakfast, 8:45 a.m. Friday.
Marlowe Elementary: PTO Spring Dance, 6-7:30 p.m. Thursday.
• School Level Invention Convention, Friday.
Northwest Elementary: Advisory council, 8 a.m. Friday.
West Zephyrhills Elementary: Field Day, Friday.
Center for the Arts at Wesley Chapel, 30651 Wells Road. (813) 794-8772 or (727) 774-8772.
• Wesley Chapel High drama presents, Up the Down Staircase, at 7 p.m. April 4 and 5.
• Wiregrass Ranch High drama presents, Bye Bye Birdie at 7 p.m. April 11-13, and 2 p.m. April 13-14.
• Rockus Maximus: Battle of the Bands 16 will be he held from 6 to 11 p.m. Friday at the Rotary Pavilion at the Concourse, 15325 Alric Pottberg Road, Shady Hills. There will be food and drinks, video game pavilion, glow sticks and prizes. Free admission and parking. Sponsored by Clear Track Studios, Encore Music, DeBartolo Family Foundation and Friends of the Library.
• In its ninth year, the Cinderella Project of Pasco provides new and gently used prom attire at no cost to girls with financial need. Students from all Pasco County high schools are welcome to choose their ensemble from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday at 7916 Evolutions Way, Trinity. Donations are also welcome. Contemporary prom-style dresses and accessories in excellent condition may be dropped off at any Pasco County high school during regular school hours. To make a tax-deductible cash donation, contact Alison Crumbley at (727) 858-1281 or [email protected] or Laurie Weiss at (727) 389-3112 or [email protected]
• Gulfside Elementary and Generations Church will host a Community Spirit Day from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at the school, 2329 Anclote Blvd., Holiday. There will be an Easter egg hunt, free food and fun children's activities. Agencies in attendance will include Metropolitan Ministries, United Way, Pasco County Health Department, Habitat for Humanity, Youth and Family Alternatives, St. Petersburg College, Marchman Technical Education Center, Pasco Head Start, Florida Kid Care, Healthy Start and the Ronald McDonald Wellness Van. For more information or to participate, please call the school at (727) 774-6000.
• The 2nd Annual Tampa Bay Mini Maker Faire will be from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday at the Concourse, at 15325 Alric Pottberg Road in Hudson. The event features a variety of creative "Makers" in a science fair meets carnival celebration of regional Do-It-Yourself inventiveness. There will be a variety of exhibitors along with FIRST robotics, the Young Makers Club, Maker Scouts, innovative art, clever crafts, workshops, make and take projects and more. Advance tickets are available online for $8 each, for ages 10 and up; $20 for a family/friend 4-pack of tickets. Children ages 9 and under are free. Tickets will be $10 at the gate, if any remain. For information and tickets, go to tampabaymakerfaire.com.