•The Greater Pasco Youth Symphony is enrolling music students, grades 5-12, with openings for violin, viola, cello, brass, woodwind and percussion instruments. Enrollment is open through Nov. 3. Students must audition to determine their playing level. Rehearsals and auditions will be held from 1 to 3 p.m. each Saturday at the Trinity Presbyterian Church of Seven Springs, 4651 Little Road in New Port Richey. For information or to schedule and audition, call Emiko Wennerholt at (727) 858-8024 or email email@example.com .
•The eighth annual Suncoast Arts Fest has issued a call for artists and fine craftsmen for the art event to be held Jan. 19-20 at the Shops at Wiregrass in Wesley Chapel. Cash awards will be presented in six categories and will range from $250 to $2,000. Application deadline is Nov. 30. For information on guidelines, fees and registration, go to www.zapplication.org or www.suncoastartsfest.com and go to the Artists link. Proceeds go to "Art for Kids in Pasco County" to help supplement funding for arts education in schools.
• The work of Gulf High art and photography students is on exhibit through October at the Progress Energy Art Gallery, 6231 Grand Blvd., New Port Richey.
Center for the Arts at River Ridge, 11646 Town Center Road, New Port Richey. (727) 774-7381.
• J.W. Mitchell High School Drama presents the Edna Ferber and George S. Kaufman play Stage Door, Thursday through Sunday at the Center for the Arts At River Ridge, 11646 Town Center Road, New Port Richey. Show times are 7:30 p.m. with Sunday matinee at 2 p.m. $5 in advance at the school; $7 day of at the box office. (727) 774-9358.
Center for the Arts at Wesley Chapel, 30651 Wells Road. (813) 794-8772 or (727) 774-8772.
• Little Monster Tales, 10:30 a.m. and noon Thursday.
• John Long Middle School choral concert, 7 p.m. Friday.
• John Long Middle School orchestra concert, 7 p.m. Monday.