• Princeton Review will administer the ACT/SAT practice test from 8:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday at Wesley Chapel High, 30651 Wells Road. Cost per student is $20. Preregistration preferred, but walk-ins welcome. Bring a calculator and No. 2 pencils. A follow-up session to discuss the strengths and weaknesses on scores and basic test taking techniques will be from 1 to 1:55 p.m. Oct. 18. For information, call Kelly Davey at (813) 794-8833.
• Oct. 4 is the deadline to register for the SAT to be administered on Nov. 4. Late registration deadline (with fees) is Oct. 19. Go to www.collegeboard.org.
• The Bay Area Independent College Fair will be from 1 to 3 p.m. Sunday at the Coliseum, 535 Fourth Ave., St. Petersburg.
• The Tampa Performing and Visual Arts College Fair will be from 7 to 9 p.m. Tuesday at the University of South Florida, Marshall Student Center Ballroom, 4103 USF Cedar Serco, Tampa campus. Free and open to the public.
• Tampa Bay Times Barnes Scholarship: Four scholarships at up to $15,000 per year for four years to attend any nationally accredited college or university. Based on academic achievement, financial need, community service and evidence of overcoming significant obstacles in life. Deadline is Oct. 15. Apply at www.tampabay.com/scholarships/
• Horatio Alger Scholarships: Several scholarships at various amounts. Based on financial need. Minimum 2.0 GPA required and documented community service. Deadline is Oct. 25. Apply at www.horatioalger.org/scholarships.