Several Pinellas County schools will have new leadership beginning July 1.
The School Board on Tuesday is scheduled to approve a number of principal appointments at the recommendation of superintendent Julie Janssen.
Among them: Claud Effiom to lead John Hopkins Middle School in St. Petersburg.
An 18-year veteran of Pinellas schools, Effiom spent the past school year as acting principal at Kennedy Middle School in Clearwater.
He started his career with the district as a teacher at Azalea Middle School in St. Petersburg. He also taught at Osceola Middle School in Seminole and was an assistant principal at Kennedy as well as at Safety Harbor Middle School.
Effiom will replace interim principal Bob Poth, who took over Hopkins after district officials removed former principal Maureen Thornton in December. Effiom's salary will increase from $52,912 to $74,047.
Poth, a former principal at Douglas L. Jamerson Jr. Elementary in St. Petersburg, will replace Clayton Snare as principal at East Lake High School. Poth's salary will increase from $88,700 to $95,796.
District officials also have selected Antelia Campbell as the new principal at Largo Middle School. She will replace Fred Ulrich, who has retired.
Since coming to the district 11 years ago, Campbell has been assistant principal at Oak Grove Middle School in Clearwater and assistant principal at Largo and Tarpon Springs high schools.
She spent the past three years as principal at Gibbs High in St. Petersburg. Her salary will be reduced from $80,902 to $74,907.
Other principal appointments set to be effective July 1:
• Gwendolyn Anderson, former principal at Pinellas Secondary School in Pinellas Park, will move to Lealman Intermediate in unincorporated Pinellas. Her salary will increase from $80,573 to $87,018.
• Brenda Poff, former principal at Madeira Beach Middle School, will move to Dunedin Highland Middle. Her $96,315 salary will remain the same.
The board approved these principal appointments at its last meeting on May 26:
• Diane Cato, former assistant principal at Lake St. George Elementary in Palm Harbor, is the school's new principal. Her salary will increase from $67,198 to $90,241.
• Gail Cox, former assistant principal at Paul B. Stephens Exceptional Student Education Center in Clearwater, is the school's new principal. Her salary will increase from $56,279 to $74,047.
• Kimberly Hill, former assistant principal at Leila Davis Elementary in Clearwater, is the school's new principal. Her salary will increase from $49,952 to $68,562.
• Susan Garcia-Nikolova, assistant principal at Shore Acres Elementary, will become principal at Lakeview Fundamental Elementary. Both schools are in St. Petersburg. Her salary will increase from $58,314 to $75,514.
• David Rosenberger, former principal at Coachman Fundamental Middle in Clearwater, will be the new principal at Coachman/Kennedy Fundamental Middle. His $84,602 salary will remain the same.
• Katherine B. Wickett, principal at McMullen-Booth Elementary in Clearwater, will become principal of Cross Bayou Elementary in Pinellas Park. Her $84,171 salary will remain the same.