Save the dates
Jan. 29: Application period ends for magnet and fundamental programs, career academies and centers of excellence. (Everyone applies online.)
Through Jan. 28: Discovery nights for magnet and fundamental programs, career academies and centers of excellence.
March 1-8: Acceptance period for magnet and fundamental programs, career academies and centers of excellence. (Failure to accept an invitation to a program will nullify your application.)
Help on the Web
www.pcsb.org This is your stop for several key pieces of information.
• If you're applying for a program and are new to the school system, you'll need to go to a nearby school to obtain a log in and password. You'll need that to apply for a program online.
• To apply, click on the green "Student Reservation System" on the right.
• Click on the "pcsNews" box for a district Program Guide, instructions or school zone locator maps.
• Click on the "Schools" button at the top of the page for links to school Web sites and brochures.
www.pcsb.org/Schools/dashboard1.html Get key school data, including:
• Annual No Child Left Behind accountability reports.
• School grades.
• "School Indicators" reports with information on teacher qualifications, student performance, suspensions and other topics.
• National education statistics from the U.S. Department of Education.