• Jan. 19: Martin Luther King Jr. Day. No school for students and teachers.
Deer Park Elementary: Pancake breakfast and used book sale, 9 to 11 a.m. Jan. 17. The cost is $5. Children under 2 get in free.
Gulfside Elementary: Skate party, 4 to 6 p.m. Friday at Astro Skate in Tarpon Springs.
Hudson Middle: Monthly book discussion on Rose Kent's Kimchi and Calamari, 6:30 to 8 p.m. Monday. • PTSO meeting, 3 p.m. Jan. 20.
Northwest Elementary: Advisory council meeting, 8 a.m. Tuesday.
Seven Springs Middle: PTSO general meeting, 6:30 p.m. Jan. 15.
Centennial Park, 5740 Moog Road, Holiday, (727) 834-3024
• American Girl activity, 2 p.m. Saturday. Elementary-age children are welcome to come in costume as their favorite American girl or boy.
• Parent meetings will be held about the proposed boundaries for two schools set to open for the 2009-10 school year. The Watergrass Elementary meeting will be from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Thursday at Wesley Chapel Elementary, 30243 Wells Road, Wesley Chapel. The Anclote High meeting will be at 7 p.m. Jan. 12 at Paul R. Smith Middle, 1410 Sweetbriar Drive, Holiday.
• Cypress Elementary Golf Tournament, Dinner and Auction Benefit, 12:30 p.m. Saturday at Timber Greens Golf Club, 6333 Timber Greens Blvd., New Port Richey. Sponsors, players and donations are needed. For more information, call (727) 774-4500 or e-mail email@example.com.
•PACE Center for Girls' "Taste the Best of New Port Richey," 11 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Jan. 24 at Boulevard Beef & Ale, 6236 Grand Blvd, New Port Richey. This event will feature chili and wings from local restaurants and drawings for prizes including Tampa Bay Lightning tickets and a fishing trip to Boca Grand. Proceeds go to Cindy Ewald's campaign for honorary governor of West Pasco, benefiting PACE Center for Girls of Pasco and the West Pasco Chamber of Commerce Building Fund. Tickets are $20. To purchase tickets, call (727) 849-1901, ext. 21 or (727) 853-0842.
• Elks Lodge 2284 donated 100 new dictionaries to third-grade students at Gulfside Elementary.
• Peggy Hinmon was named Teacher of the Year at J.W. Mitchell High School. Michelle Baird was named School Related Personnel of the Year.
• These students from Seven Springs Middle auditioned and were selected for the All County Band: Caroline Nisse, Lindsay Seeney, John Ferraiolo, Ronald Lilly, Melanie Nagel, Luke Kranz, Aldo Colon, Keeghan Wysock, Caitlyn Rees, Genesis Morales-Agosto, Michael Napoli, Elizabeth Ritchie, Patrick Mulcahy, Gabriel Sandifer, Julide Lye, Reyleigh Hill, Casey Siena, Julia Mannino, Zaria Narinesingh, Kristy Applegate, Elizabeth Steiner, Alexandria Sage, Taylor Tischhauser, Colin Gaynor, Lauren Ritchie, Michael Tancreti, Pamela Denski, Rachael Robichaud, Nikole Passarella, Teresa Nguyen, Shane Gillen, Christopher Quintela, Taylor Walsh, Paul Huber.
Submit your school news to Michele Miller by fax (727) 869-6233; e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org; or by standard mail, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. Note: The deadline for timely submissions is one week before publication.