Thursday is the end of the third grading quarter.
April 2: Report cards issued.
April 7-11: Spring break.
Anclote Elementary: Tropicana speech contest, March 26.
Calusa Elementary: Advisory Council meeting, 8:30 a.m. March 26. Science fair, March 26 - 28.
Chasco Elementary: Tropicana speech contest, March 26.
Gulf High: Inaugural International Baccalaureate pinning ceremony, 7:30 to 8:30 a.m. today.
Mitchell High: Curriculum fair, 6 to 7 p.m. Tuesday. This event will help families make informed decisions about high school students' schedules and major areas of interest.
Northwest Elementary: PTO meeting, 8:30 a.m. Tuesday.
Seven Springs Middle: Mitchell High hosts a "hotline" for parents of incoming freshman for 2008-09 from 4 to 6 p.m. today. Call 774-9216 or 774-9382.
Center for the Arts at River Ridge, 11646 Town Center Way, New Port Richey. (727) 774-7382.
• Eckerd Theatre Company presents Battledrum at 10:30 a.m. and noon Monday. For grades 6 through 8. Tickets are $4.
Centennial Park, 5740 Moog Road, Holiday. (727) 834-3024.
•Springtime craft, 2 p.m. Saturday. For elementary students.
New Port Richey Public Library, 5939 Main St., New Port Richey. (727) 853-1265.
• Garage jams for teens, 5 p.m. today.
South Holiday, 4649 Mile Stretch Drive. (727) 834-3331.
• Chinese lantern celebration, 2 p.m. Saturday. For elementary students.
• "Build a Foundation for Success — One Child at a Time," the sixth annual Family Conference, will be 4:30 to 8 p.m. Thursday at Weightman Middle School, 30649 Wells Road, Wesley Chapel. The conference is presented by the District School Board of Pasco County, the Pasco Education Foundation Inc., and Florida Diagnostic and Learning Resources System. Topics include: Internet safety/MySpace, dealing with children's behavior, attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder issues, understanding the IEP process/the parent's role, effective parent-teacher conferences, and family literacy strategies for parents (ESOL). For child care, a translator, disabled-access requests or additional information, call Holly Rockhill, Communications Department, at (813) 794-2203, (727) 774-2203 or (352) 524-2203.
• Day Spring Academy students Bayley Scahill and Camerin Walker were recently cast in Showcase Community Theater's production of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
• Cadet Pfc. Joshua E. Miller was selected as Hudson High School JROTC's Cadet of the Month for February.
The deadline for timely submissions is one week before publication. Send your school news in writing to Michele Miller by fax at (727) 869-6233 in Port Richey, (813) 909-4611 in Land O'Lakes or (352) 521-6520 in Dade City; send e-mail to email@example.com; or send mail to 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL, 34668.