June 3: Last day of school.
Cypress Elementary: Citizen of the Month recognition, 3 p.m. Thursday. PTO meeting, 4 p.m. Thursday.
Gulfside Elementary: All Pro Dad cookout, 5:30 to 7 p.m. Thursday.
Locke Elementary: Fifth-grade dance, 6 to 8:30 p.m. Saturday.
Seven Springs Middle: Jag Fest, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday. Games, student-made craft items and contests.
• Play'N Around Theater presents Bullyproof — the Musical, 2:30 p.m. Thursday at Gulfside Elementary.
The Pasco County Library Cooperative will kick-off Summer Reading Clubs at 2 p.m. Saturday at the following branches: Centennial Park, 5740 Moog Road, Holiday. (727) 834-3331; Hudson Regional, 8012 Library Road. (727) 861-3040; TTY (727) 861-3024; Regency Park, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey. (727) 861-3049; South Holiday, 4649 Mile Stretch Drive. (727) 834-3331.
• Deer Park Elementary School invites all former staff members and alumni to celebrate the school's 20th birthday from 4 to 7 p.m. Thursday. Student artwork will be on display around the school. There will be physical education activities for parents and students, and a spring concert at 6:30 p.m. Contact Kristi Theurer at (727) 774-8920 or e-mail email@example.com.
• The Seven Springs Middle School PTO invites businesses to reserve a spot for "A Taste of Trinity" Sept. 12 at the school. For information and vendor forms, e-mail Diana Jerome at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Students at Dayspring Academy participated in Duke University's TIP Talent Search by taking the SAT and ACT College entrance exams. The following students qualified for state recognition, and on May 14 traveled to the University of Florida to accept their state-level award medallion for their high scores: Amanda Blankenship, Luke Calleja, David Graniero and Amber Mariano.
•The New Port Richey Rotary Club recently honored the top 20 graduating seniors from Gulf and River Ridge high schools at a banquet. Gulf High honorees were: Sharada Bhavanam, Duffie Ann Blankenship, Alice B. Chang, Christa M. Goad, Morgan E. Hernandez, Yolanda Ho, Jamielee D. Hyatt, Cheryl K. Jennett, Bailey M. Logan, Elizabeth J. Mathieson, Jamie M. McCullough, Paul S. Mertz, Sierra M. Mision, Brittany N. Motta, Matthew Ong, Laura A. Riley, Jessica R. Santoli, Mario Talanga, Jorj Tchotchev, Kaitlynn A. Van Etten. River Ridge High honorees were: Brent Bertrand, Cory Bianchi, Alex Bullock, Allison Cavagnetto, Jessica Diaz, Kira Forbes, Rahul Gandhi, Ashley Glewen, Christy Hobby, Stephanie Hull, Jessica Olin, Sherri Onorati, Lauren Perry, Christine Roeper, James Sheets, Steven Simon, Heather Strouse, Michael Thomas, Renee Vanderhoof, Andrew Watson.
• Kayla La Dez, a seventh-grader at Bishop Larkin Catholic School, won second place at the State Science Fair in Lakeland.
•These Seven Springs Middle students were named winners in the Continental Math League's fourth meet: First place: Colin Gaynor, Jimmy Lin, Dylan Baur, Justin Pencedeleon, Marlow Shriver. Second place: Madison Morlon, Greg Hospian, Alex Puig, Tyler Frick, Robin Michaelson, Katherine Selby, Jesse Horn, Daniel Ramsland, Kaitlyn Turnbow, Angelique Jarkowski, William Freeman, Jake Fowler, Megan Fuhrman, Alexis Ludy, Nicholas Ludy, Michelle Ordax.
Send your school news to Michele Miller by fax, (727) 869-6233; e-mail, email@example.com; or by standard mail, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. Note: The deadline is one week before publication.