Oct. 29: Report cards.
Anclote Elementary: Active parenting class, 6 p.m. Monday.
Calusa Elementary: Student of the Month recognition, 3 p.m. today. Grandparents Volunteer Day, Thursday. Parenting Classes, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Monday. Publix Math Night, 5:30 to 7 p.m. Tuesday.
Cypress Elementary: Group pictures and portrait make-up day, today.
Deer Park Elementary: Picture make-up day, today.
Fox Hollow Elementary: Prepaid picture day, Thursday. PTA Trick or Trunk event, 5 p.m. Friday.
Gulf Middle: "Mysteries in the Middle" family literacy workshop, 6 to 8 p.m. Thursday..
Hudson Elementary: Fall Festival, 4 to 7 p.m. Friday. Advisory council meeting, 6 p.m. Tuesday.
Hudson Middle: Monthly book discussion, 6:30 to 8 p.m. Monday. Featured book is The Kingdom Keepers by Ridley Pearson. PTSO meeting, 5:30 p.m. Tuesday.
Northwest Elementary: Mustang Family Festival, 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. Friday. Picture re-takes, Tuesday.
Shady Hills Elementary: Parent Media Tech Night, 6 to 7 p.m. Thursday. Suite Treats, 6 to 7:30 p.m. Friday.
Youth library notes
Centennial Park, 5740 Moog Road, Holiday. (727) 834-3204.
•Halloween Magic, 2 p.m. Saturday. Elementary ages.
• Interview with a Vampire Hunter, 6 p.m. Monday.
Hudson Regional, 8012 Library Road. (727) 861-3040; TTY: (727) 861-3024.
• Homework tutoring for elementary ages Monday-Wednesday. Call for times.
• The Ghost's Grave, 6 p.m. Friday. Elementary ages.
New Port Richey, 5939 Main St., New Port Richey. (727) 853-1279.
• Otaku-Kun; J-Pop, Anime and Manga club, 4 to 6 p.m. Tuesday.
• Garage Jams for teens, 4 to 6 p.m. today.
Regency Park, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey (727) 861-3049
• Halloween Howl, 6 p.m. Monday.
• Gulf High Buccaneer Alumni Invasion will be Friday and Saturday. Sponsored by the Gulf High Athletic Booster Club. For information, ticket prices and sponsorships, visit the Alumni Invasion Web site at gulfhighinvasion.com or call the school at (727) 774-3300.
• Fall Chess Tournament at 1 p.m. Nov. 1 at the Land O'Lakes Recreation Center, 3032 Collier Parkway. For students in grades K-12. Admission is a donation of toys, treats, flea/tick treatment, bedding etc., to benefit the Pasco County Animal Shelter. For information, call Lisa Levison at (813) 758-5263.
• The Pasco County Association of Educational Office Professionals is seeking motorcycle and car riders to take part in third-annual Fun Run at 10 a.m. Nov. 1. The cost is $10 for one hand/$20 for three hands. There will be prizes, trophies, raffles and music. Money raised will go to the association's scholarships for a senior from each Pasco County high school. For information, call Kathi Maszkiewicz at (727) 774-2418.
Submit your school news to Michele Miller, by fax, (727) 869-6233; e-mail, email@example.com; or by standard mail, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. Note: The deadline for timely submissions is one week before publication.