Where and what can be recycled
Items recycled in the counties and drop-off locations (note: municipalities within these counties may have different specifications and locations)
(The following Web site lists recycling programs for cities within Pinellas County: www.pinellascounty.org/utilities/recycle-waste.htm)
Items recycled: Corrugated cardboard, aluminum cans, plastic bottles with a neck (any type), mixed paper, newspapers, magazines, phone books, steel cans
• A.L. Anderson Park, 39699 U.S. 19 N, between Klosterman Road and Tarpon Avenue, Tarpon Springs
• Bank of America, 10900 Seminole Blvd., between 102nd and 110th avenues, Seminole
• Curlew Retention Pond, 1825 Curlew Road, between Belcher Road and CR 1, Dunedin area
• John Chesnut Sr. Park, 2200 East Lake Road, on Sandy Point Road, north of park entrance off East Lake Road, Palm Harbor area
• Lake Seminole Park, 10015 Park Blvd., east of Seminole Blvd., Seminole area
• North County Service Center, 29582 U.S. 19 N, between Curlew Road and SR 580, Dunedin area
• Oakhurst Water Tower, 113th Lane and 74th Avenue, west of 113th St. N, St. Petersburg area
• Pinellas County Extension, 12520 Ulmerton Road, just north of Ulmerton entrance on 125th St. N, frontage road, Largo (7 a.m. to 7 p.m.)
• Pinellas County Utilities Solid Waste, 110th Avenue N and 28th Street, St. Petersburg area
• Sand Key Park, 1060 Gulf Blvd., Clearwater Beach area (7 a.m. to sunset)
• Wal-Mart parking lot, 35404 U.S. 19 N at Alderman Road, Palm Harbor
• Wal-Mart parking lot, 23106 U.S. 19 N at NE Coachman Road, Clearwater area
• William E. Dunn Water Reclamation Facility, 4111 Dunn Drive, off Alt. 19, 2 miles south of Klosterman Road, Palm Harbor area
Items recycled: Newspapers, magazines, old phonebooks, junk mail, office paper, cardboard, plastics No. 1 and 2, glass, aluminum and steel cans.
• Alderman Ford Facility, 9402 SR 39, Lithia. Phone: 757-3820. Accepts collectible waste, non-collectible waste, scrap metal, tires and lead acid batteries.
• Hillsborough Heights Facility, 6209 CR 579, Thonotosassa. Phone: 744-5533. Accepts collectible waste, non-collectible waste, scrap metal, tires, lead acid batteries and recyclable curbside materials.
• Northwest County Facility, 8001 W Linebaugh Ave., Tampa, Phone: 264-3816. Accepts collectible waste, non-collectible waste, yard waste, scrap metal, tires, lead acid batteries and recyclable curbside materials.
• South County Facility, 13000 U.S. 41, north of Big Bend Road, Gibsonton. Phone: 671-7611. Accepts collectible waste, non-collectible waste, yard waste, scrap metal, tires and lead acid batteries.
• Wimauma Facility, 16180 West Lake Drive, Wimauma (1.5 miles north of SR 674). Phone: 671-7706. Accepts collectible waste, non-collectible waste, yard waste, scrap metal, tires and lead acid batteries.
• Resource Recovery Facility, 350 N Falkenburg Road, Tampa. Phone: 744-5591. Accepts yard waste only.
Items recycled: Newspaper, plastics No. 1 and 2, glass, aluminum and steel cans
• West Pasco Recycling Center, 14230 Hays Road, Spring Hill
• East Pasco Recycling Center, 9626 Handcard Road, Dade City
• Port Richey Area Recycling Center, 11321 U.S. 19, Bayonet Point
• Holiday Area Recycling, Anclote Gulf Park, 2305 Baillies Bluff Road, Holiday
• Land O'Lakes Area Recycling, Senior Services Center, 6801 Wisteria Loop, Land O'Lakes
• New Port Richey Area Recycling, 6420 Pine Hill Road, New Port Richey
Items recycled: Newspaper, cardboard, plastics No. 1 and 2, aluminum cans, steel cans.
• West Hernando Transfer Station, 2525 Osowaw Blvd., Spring Hill
• Village at Timber Pines — Red Lobster/Winn Dixie, 2240 Commercial Way, Spring Hill
• Hernando County Fairgrounds, 6436 Broad St., Brooksville
• Lakewood Plaza — Target, 4365 Commercial Way, Spring Hill
• Green Bean Organic Market, 11020 Northcliffe Blvd., Spring Hill
• Moose Lodge, 5214 Mariner Blvd, Spring Hill
• Spring Hill Elementary School, 6000 Roble Ave., Spring Hill
• Wal-Mart Supercenter, 13300 Cortez Blvd., Spring Hill
• Masaryktown Community Center, 539 Lincoln Ave., Masaryktown
• Northwest Solid Waste Facility, 14450 Landfill Road, Brooksville
• Hernando County Government Center, 234 E Jefferson St., Brooksville
• Wesleyan Village, 8225 Wesley Drive, Brooksville
• Lake Townsend Regional Park, 28011 Lake Lindsey Road, Nobleton
• East Hernando Transfer Station, 33070 Cortez Blvd, Ridge Manor
• Ridge Manor Campground, 33456 Cortez Blvd, Ridge Manor