Special food events
Dunedin Orange Festival: Old-fashioned town festival including walking parade, dunk tank, a family fun zone, a mojo cook-off competition, Miss Dunedin Orange Queen Pageant, live entertainment and music. Admission is free; $10 tasting ticket includes all participating restaurants. 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday, Edgewater Park, 51 Main St., Dunedin. (727) 736-5825. dunedinorangefestival.com.
Mayor's Food Truck Fiesta: This month's event is pushed back a week because of the Fourth of July holiday. 11 a.m.-2 p.m. July 11, Lykes Gaslight Square Park, 410 Franklin St., Tampa. tastingtampa.com.
Tampa Bay Culinary Club: Chef demonstrates menu favorites for sampling. $10, advance registration required for new members. 2:30 p.m. July 14, Spoto's the Steak Joint of Dunedin, 1280 Main St., Dunedin. (727) 789-2605. spotossteakjoint2.com.
National Ice Cream Day at MOSI: Grab a free sample of Summer Strawberry Pie or watch museum actors demonstrate the science of freezing using liquid nitrogen. $20.95 adults (13-59), $16.95 child (2-12), $18.95 seniors (60+). Noon-2 p.m. July 15, 4801 E Fowler Ave., Tampa. (813) 987-6000. mosi.org.
Ice Cream Dreams: Grown-up flavors like rum raisin, creme brulee, Texas margarita. $40. 6 p.m. Saturday. Apron's Cooking School (Publix), 7835 Gunn Highway, Tampa. (813) 926-4465. publix.com/aprons/schools.
It's All About the Cheese: 7-9 p.m. $25. Reservations required. Cheese Please, 4213 S Manhattan Ave., Tampa. (813) 766-0060. cheesepleasetampa.com.
• Friday, rich Gouda and aged cheddars paired with wines.
• July 13, beers of the season and eight courses of cheeses.
• July 14, flavored cheeses.
Pastry & Baking Classes: 9 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Registration required. $100, includes lunch and materials. Michael's Extraordinary Desserts & Baking Academy, 11151 66th St. N, Largo. (727) 744-6073. chefmichaelostrander.com.
• Sunday, chef Michael Ostrander shares his secrets.
• July 15, The Art of Cake Baking.
Kids' Summer Camp in the Kitchen: Kids ages 8-15 learn cooking skills in weeklong camps through August. $185 for each one-week camp. Martin Luther King Jr. Recreation Center, 550 Laura Lane, Dunedin. (727) 433-1889. foodies-r.us.
Nature's Food Patch: Free demonstrations at 1225 Cleveland St., Clearwater. (727) 443-6703. naturesfoodpatch.com.
• Simply Gluten Free: Make treats. 3 p.m. July 14.
• Cooking For Your Dog: How to improve dogs' lives by cooking for them. 3 p.m. July 15.
• Vivid Foods: Fruit stew and Jicama apple salad. 6:30 p.m. July 11.
Summer Citrus Supper: Learn how citrus brings out the best in dishes such as asparagus salad. $45. Rolling Pin Kitchen Emporium, 2080 Badlands Drive, Brandon. (813) 653-2418. rollingpinonline.com.
French Cuisine: 6:30 p.m. Monday, Cafe Largo. $37.50. 12551 Indian Rocks Road, Largo.
Chow and Ciao: Eat and learn Italian. 6:30-8 p.m. Discount for couples. (727) 866-6892. learnitalian.us.
• CDB's Southside: Four-week class, Tuesdays, July 10-31 for $195; six-week class goes through Aug. 14 for $245. 3671 S West Shore Blvd., Tampa.
• Cafe Cibo: Five-week class, Wednesdays, July 11-Aug. 8, for $195. 8697 Fourth St. N, St. Petersburg.
• Mamma Onesti's East: Four-week class, Mondays, July 16-Aug. 6, for $195. 8453 Cooper Creek Blvd., University Park.
Compiled by Peggy Anders. Send news of coming events at least two weeks in advance to Food File, Tampa Bay Times, P.O. Box 1121, St. Petersburg, FL 33731; email to: email@example.com; or fax: (727) 892-2256.