Headless horseman comes to Plant
Plant High School's drama department presents the Legend of Sleepy Hollow, Christopher Cook's adaptation of Washington Irving's short story. Author Cook will be in attendance for all performances.
Show times are Nov. 5, 6 and 7, beginning at 7 p.m. in the school auditorium, 2415 Himes Ave. Tickets are $5. To purchase tickets or for more information, contact Sandy Kamen at (813) 468-0812 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Dance program on stage at Blake High
Seniors in Blake High's dance magnet program present "Society in the Making" beginning at 7 p.m. Thursday and Nov. 6 in the school's Black Box Theatre, 1701 N Boulevard. The entire performance is student-run from the dance steps to the lighting. Tickets are $10 for adults and $8 for students and seniors; children 5 and under free. For information call (813)-272-3422, ext. 346 or e-mail email@example.com.
Transportation office hosts food drive
The district's transportation department is hosting a food drive for Metropolitan Ministries. Drop off donations at these locations:
• Ballast Point Elementary School, 2802 Ballast Point Blvd., Tampa
• Sickles High School, 7950 Gunn Highway, Tampa
• Transportation headquarters, 9455 Harney Road, Thonotosassa
• Chamberlain High School, 9401 N Boulevard, Tampa
• Burns Middle School, 615 Brooker Road, Brandon
• Area 6 office, 703 N. Thomas St., Plant City
• Brandon Alternative, 1009 N. Parsons Ave., Seffner
Donations will be collected through Nov. 11.
For more information, contact John Franklin at (813) 982-5511.