learn to transition with resilience
The Clearwater Aging Well Center will host the Resilient Transitions Support Group 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. Tuesday at 1501 N Belcher Road.
The group will be led by Michael Whalen, licensed mental health counselor, who will discuss life changes for older adults such as retirement, caregiver roles, bereavement, illness and disability adjustments, relocation and other transition events.
The discussion is free and open to the public. Call (727) 742-8297.
• • •
All about headaches; Health-related lectures will be offered at the Clearwater Aging Well Center, 1501 N Belcher Road, as part of its ongoing partnership with the Morton Plant Mease Healthcare System.
The April Wellness Wednesday series lecture will begin at noon Wednesday featuring neurologist Dr. Diana Pollock. She will discuss the differences between migraines and other types of headaches that can rob sufferers of their quality of life. She will cover common headache triggers, how to prevent them and how to treat headaches when prevention is not possible.
Registration is recommended. Free and open to the public. Call (727) 724-3070.
Seminars, classes and support groups
ALZHEIMER'S CAREGIVERS SUPPORT GROUP: Meets at 9:30 a.m. Mondays, Palm Harbor Community Center, 1500 16th St. (727) 787-1837.
FOOD ADDICTS IN RECOVERY ANONYMOUS: 7 p.m. Tuesdays, (727) 501-2125, and 8:30 a.m. Saturdays, (727) 786-3113. Both at Clearwater Community Church, Room 103, 2897 Belcher Road, Dunedin. For details, visit foodaddicts.com.
NAR-ANON FAMILY GROUP: Meetings are at 10 a.m. and 7 p.m. Mondays, except holidays, at Crystal Beach Community Center, 517 Crystal Beach Ave.; 8 p.m. Tuesdays at First United Methodist Church, Educational Building, second floor in "the Parlor," 421 Main St., Dunedin; and 7 p.m. Wednesdays at St. Paul's United Methodist Church Annex, Open Arms Resource Center, 1897 Highland Ave., Largo. Call toll-free 1-888-947-8885 or visit naranonfl.org.
TAKE OFF POUNDS SENSIBLY (TOPS):
• 9 to 10 a.m. Wednesdays at Heritage United Methodist Church, Room 11, 2680 Landmark Drive, Clearwater. The first meeting is free. Call (727) 726-2681.
• 9 to 11 a.m. Thursdays at Union Street United Methodist Church, Choir Room, 1625 Union St., Clearwater. Call (727) 461-7101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• 5:30 to 6:45 p.m. Thursdays at First Baptist Church of Ozona-Palm Harbor, 610 Pennsylvania Ave., Ozona. The group meets in the building in the back. Call (727) 786-1484 or (727) 785-9564.
CELIAC SUPPORT GROUP: Celiac disease, an intestinal disorder, affects one out of every 133 people. There is no cure, but it can be controlled by going on a gluten-free diet. Some find that going gluten-free is not as easy as it sounds. A support group can help. Meetings are at 10 a.m. the third Saturday of every month at Mease Countryside Hospital, Meeting Rooms 1, 2 and 3, 3231 McMullen-Booth Road, Safety Harbor. Call (727) 734-0561 or email bkelly1@ tampabay.rr.com.
RECOVERY INTERNATIONAL: Abraham Low Self-Help System, a support group for people suffering from anxiety, panic attacks and symptoms caused by fear and anger, meets at these times and locations:
• 1 p.m. Tuesdays, Lakeview Community Church, 475 East Lake Road N, East Lake. (727) 942-4095.
• 7:30 p.m. Thursdays, Grace Lutheran, 1812 N Highland Ave., Clearwater, (727) 942-9008.
• 10 a.m. Saturdays, St. Paul United Methodist Church, 1199 Highland Ave. NE, Largo. (727) 586-2585, or leave a message at (727) 525-1749.
Support group is free, but offerings are appreciated.
MID-PINELLAS BRAIN TRAUMA SUPPORT GROUP: Meets at 6:30 p.m. the first and third Thursday of every month at St. Paul United Methodist Church, Christian Life Enrichment Center, Room 201, second floor, 1498 Rosary Road, Largo. Call (727) 442-1819 or visit midpinellasbraintraumasupport group.com.
Mail news to Nova Beall at 710 Court St., Clearwater, FL 33756, fax to (727) 445-4119 or email email@example.com.