Alzheimer's Family Organization: The organization offers the following:
• Stress Buster Day, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. May 8, Residence at Timber Pines, 3140 Forest Road, Spring Hill. Caregivers are invited to a free day of relaxation, learning and fun. Dr. Mildred Farmer will give an update on Alzheimer's disease, Patricia Sovenik will discuss stress reduction and Susan Frangello will discuss keeping healthy through tai chi. The free event will include lunch, refreshments, chair massages and manicures. Reservations are required by May 1. Call (727) 848-8888 or toll-free 1-888-496-8004.
• Caregiver support groups — 2:30 p.m. May 1, Sterling House, 10440 Palmgren Lane, Spring Hill. Weekly: 1 p.m. Mondays, Brooksville Regional Hospital, Medical Arts Building, Suite 120, 17222 Hospital Blvd., west of Brooksville; John Winans, (352) 232-0081.
Blood Pressure Clinic: 10 a.m. Tuesday, Forest Oaks of Spring Hill, 8055 Forest Oaks Blvd. Co-sponsored by Mederi Care Tenders. Visitors are invited to receive a complimentary blood pressure check and learn how to control blood pressure. RSVP to Mona, (352) 683-3323.
Hernando County Ostomy Association: 7 p.m. May 2, Grace Lutheran Church, 411 Mariner Blvd. Bob Barnard, (352) 442-9787
National Alliance on Mental Illness/NAMI Hernando: NAMI offers the following at the Beautiful Mind Outreach Center, 10554 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill:
• Basics class, 6 p.m. Wednesdays, May 8 to June 12. For parents and caregivers of a child younger than 18 who is ADHD, bipolar, ODD or has a similar diagnosis. Enrollment limited; registration required.
• A Peer-to-Peer Class will begin in May, on dates to be announced. This is for those who have been diagnosed with a mental illness who can share experiences with their peers who are working toward recovery and learn how to cope with difficult circumstances. Enrollment limited; registration required. Call for dates.
• Support groups, 7 to 8:30 p.m. Mondays; and 3 to 5 p.m. Wednesdays. There are two separate meetings; one for those with mental illnesses, the other for family members.
Call the Beautiful Mind, (352) 684-0004. Web: namihernandofl.org or NAMI.org.
'Thyroid Problems Need to be Addressed' lecture: 5:15 p.m. Thursday, Access Healthcare, 5350 Spring Hill Drive. Conducted by Dr. Maria Scunziano-Singh. Free. Call to register, (352) 688-8116.
Send information for the Health and Support column to Phyllis Day, Hernando Times, 15365 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville, FL 34613; fax to (352) 754-6133; or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for this news is two weeks before event or reservation deadline. Information cannot be published if the time, date, place, ticket price (if applicable) or contact person and phone number are missing. For information, call (352) 754-6101 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays.