1 to 3 p.m. Sept. 13, Hernando County Health Department, 7551 Forest Oaks Blvd, Spring Hill. The Gulfcoast North Area Health Education Center offers "Tools to Quit," a one-time, two-hour program that helps participants plan their quitting process, establish goals and learn strategies to help them succeed. Four weeks of free nicotine replacement therapy (patches, gum or lozenges) is also available through the program. (813) 929-1000 or gnahec.org.
Alcoholics Anonymous: For Hernando County locations, call (352) 683-4597.
Alzheimer's Association: The Florida Gulf Chapter of the Alzheimer's Association offers support groups at several locations:
• 2:30 p.m. the first Thursday of each month, Oak Hill Hospital H2U Partner's Club, 11361 Cortez Blvd., Spring Hill. Jerry Fisher, (352) 688-4537.
• 2:30 p.m. the first Friday of each month, Lykes Memorial Library, 238 Howell Ave., Brooksville. Jerry Fisher, (352) 688-4537.
• 2 p.m. the third Monday of each month, Residence at Timber Pines, 3140 Forest Road, Spring Hill. Free day care available with advanced reservations. Diane Koenig, (352) 683-9009.
• 11 a.m. the first Tuesday of each month, Our Lady of Fatima Catholic Church, 550 U.S. 41 S, Inverness. Sue Piatek, (352) 228-4399.
• 1 p.m. the second Monday, First United Methodist Church, 8831 W Bradshaw St., Homosassa. Free day care provided with advanced reservations. Sue Piatek, (352) 228-4399.
• 2 p.m. the third Saturday, Crystal River Health and Rehabilitation Center, 136 NE 12th Ave., Crystal River. Free day care provided with advanced reservations. Christina DiPiazza, (352) 795-5044.
Visit the Alzheimer's Association website at alz.org. To reach the local office, call (352) 688-4537 or toll-free at 1-800-272-3900.
'Advanced Minimally Invasive and Single-Site Surgery' For Your Health seminar: 5:30 to 7 p.m. Tuesday, Palace Grand, 275 Della Court. The speaker will be Dr. Steven Visnaw, a general surgeon. Admission is free. A complimentary hot meal will be served. Seating is limited; reservations are required. RSVP to (352) 597-6333 or oakhillhospital.com/foryourhealth.
Comfort for Caregivers Support Group: 11 a.m. to noon Thursday, Forest Oaks assisted living facility, 8055 Forest Oaks Blvd. Offered through HPH Hospice. (352) 597-1882.
Hernando County Ostomy Association: 7 p.m. Thursday, Grace Lutheran Church, 411 Mariner Blvd. Bob Barnard, (352) 442-9787, or Carol Krause, (352) 683-5586. The association offers a visitor program for new ostomy patients who need counseling and support. For details, call Ellen Boldt, (352) 597-5426, or Linda Ravenhorst, (352) 686-1956.
Celebrate Recovery: 6:30 to 8 p.m. Wednesdays, starting today, Christian Church in the Wildwood, 10051 Country Road. This is a 12-step, Christ-focused recovery group for those dealing with a hurt, habit or hang-ups. Groups available for men and women. $5 for the workbook. Free child care available; classes available for school-age children. (352) 596-1388 or ccwildwood.com.
DivorceCare: 6:30 to 8 p.m. Wednesdays, starting today, Christian Church in the Wildwood, 10051 Country Road. Support group for those who are separated or have gone through a divorce. $16 for the workbooks. Free child care available; classes available for school-age children. (352) 596-1388 or ccwildwood.com.
GriefShare: 6:30 to 8 p.m. Wednesdays, starting today, Christian Church in the Wildwood, 10051 Country Road. Support group for those who have experienced the death of a loved one. $16 for the workbook. Free child care available; classes available for school-age children. (352) 596-1388 or ccwildwood.com.
Community Chatterboxes: 3 p.m. Thursday, Medical Center of Trinity, 9330 State Road 54. For those with communication deficits as a result of a cerebral vascular accident or other neurological disordedisorders. Caregivers and spouses welcome. (727) 845-0757.
Send information for the Health and Support column to Phyllis Day, Hernando Times, 15365 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville, FL 34613; fax to (352) 754-6133; or email [email protected] Deadline for this news is two weeks before event or reservation deadline. Information cannot be published if the time, date, place, ticket price (if applicable) or contact person and phone number are missing. For information, call (352) 754-6101 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays.