Easter events | countywide
The Easter Bunny better be taking his vitamins because he'll be a busy guy this weekend. If you're heading out to try to spot him, here's a list of events that will help you get started. All events are Saturday.
• Palm Harbor Community Activity Center, 1500 16th St., Palm Harbor, will hold "Breakfast with the Easter Bunny'' at 8:30 a.m. with an egg hunt to follow. Tickets: $5, includes breakfast, photo with Easter Bunny; $4 includes breakfast only. For information, call (727) 771-6000 or visit phrec.org.
• First United Methodist Church of Dunedin will hold a Community Easter Egg Hunt at 9 a.m. at Edgewater Park, 51 Main St. For information, call (727) 733-4139.
• Countryside Recreation Center, 2640 Sabal Springs Drive, will hold its Easter Eggstravaganza and open house from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Activities include an egg hunt, open gym, carnival games, touch-a-truck and a car show. It is free. For information, call (727) 669-1914.
• Pathways Community Church, 801 Seminole Blvd., Largo, will hold an Easter egg hunt from 9 to 11 a.m.
• First Baptist Indian Rocks, 12685 Ulmerton Road, Largo, will hold its Easter Eggstravaganza from 10 a.m. to noon. First hunt, for those 2 years old and younger, starts at 10 a.m. Last hunt, for fourth-and fifth-graders, will be held at 11:30 a.m. For information, call (727) 595-3421 or visit www.indianrocks.org.
• Tarpon Springs Recreation Division will hold its Easter Eggstravaganza at 10 a.m. at the sports complex, 150 Jasmine Ave. Activities include pony rides, a bounce house and coloring contests. There will be three hunts. First hunt starts at 10 a.m. Event is free. For information, call (727) 942-5628.
• Next Level Church will host an Easter egg hunt starting at 10:30 a.m. at Tarpon Springs High School, 1411 Gulf Road. Along with the hunt, activities include a performance by the Next Level Band and photos with the Easter Bunny. The event is free. For information, visit livenextlevel.com.
• Lutheran Church of the Good Shepherd, 10891 102nd Ave., Largo, will hold an Easter egg hunt starting at 11 a.m. The church will share the Easter story, and lunch and photos with the Easter Bunny will follow the hunt. Cost: $5 per person. For information, call (727) 391-4644.
• And finally, the Easter Bunny will hop on through the Spring Ecofest and Arbor Day Celebration at George C. McGough Nature Park, 11901 146th St. N, Largo. The event will be from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Along with an egg hunt, festivities will include a free tree give-a-way, games and activities for kids, live music, food, live wildlife and environmental exhibits. For information, call (727) 518-3847.