The following events are planned in celebration of Christmas:
• Live nativity Christmas program, 6:45 p.m. Wednesday at St. Anthony's Catholic Church, 20428 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville. The program is provided by the church youth. Call (352) 796-2096.
• Angels On High Holiday Celebration, 6:30 to 9 p.m. Thursday through Dec. 14 on the Lake House grounds, 1202 Kenlake Ave., Spring Hill. The event includes the lighted angel pathway, a tree-lighting each night, entertainment at the new Palmwood Pavilion stage and visits with Santa and Mrs. Claus. Call (352) 666-4746.
• Weeki Wachee Springs Winter Waterland 2008, 7 to 10 p.m. Friday and Dec. 13, 6131 Commercial Way, Weeki Wachee. There will be a live nativity scene, Santa's Express Train for children, storytelling and a photo opportunity with the Mermaid Elves. There will also be several showtimes of the Underwater Christmas Spectacular underwater mermaid show. Admission is $6 for adults, $3 for ages 6-10 and free for ages 5 and younger. Admission is free to passholders. Call (352) 596-2062.
• Sons of Norway, Sun Viking Lodge 607 host annual Juletrefest, 6:30 p.m. Dec. 12 at Holy Cross Lutheran Church, 6193 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill. A traditional Scandinavian Christmas dinner will be served, including roast pork, gravy, mashed potatoes, peas and carrots, lingonberries, rodkal, surkal, riskrem and julekake (Scandinavian Christmas cookies). A Santa Lucia Pageant will be performed by the children. Santa Claus will be a special guest. Tickets are $15 for adults, $5 for ages 11 to 16 and free for ages 10 and younger. Reservations are required by Tuesday. Call Gail at (727) 863-3145 or Randi at (352) 796-7016.
• Breakfast With Santa, 9:30 to 11 a.m. Dec. 13, Hernando County Family YMCA, 1300 Mariner Blvd., Spring Hill. A Santa's Workshop with various projects for kids to create gifts will be from 10:30 a.m. to noon. The cost for the pancake breakfast will be $4. Photographs with Santa will be $10 ($5 for each additional photo). Proceeds will benefit the Hernando County Family Branch Scholarship Program. Those wishing to attend are asked to RSVP by Tuesday. Stop by or call (352) 688-9622.
• 34th annual Brooksville Kiwanis Christmas Parade, 10 a.m. to noon Dec. 13, downtown Brooksville. The parade starts on Oakwood Drive behind Hernando High School, continues south on Howell Road and turns east onto Fort Dade Avenue. Call (352) 799-8587.
• Christmas carnival, 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. Dec. 13, First Baptist Church, 420 Howell Ave., Brooksville. There will be games, prizes, music and food. All activities and lunch are free. Call (352) 796-6791.
• Toy Run for Shriners Hospital, Dec. 13, leaving at 11:29 a.m. sharp from the southeast parking lot at Truck Bypass 50 and Broad Street, Brooksville. All bikes and clubs are welcome. Participants should bring a new toy for a kid, wrapped or unwrapped, which will be brought to the children at the Shriners Hospital in Tampa. Call Hop at (352) 597-2369 or Fred at (352) 684-7251.
• Hernando Beach Club Christmas Dinner Dance, Dec. 13, 3145 Flamingo Blvd., Hernando Beach. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. The Just Us Duo will entertain with music from the 1940s to present. A menu of Christmas favorites will be available. Tickets are $13 for members and $16 for nonmembers. Advance reservations and payment are required. Call Bunni, (352) 688-4976.
• Brooksville Elks Lodge 2582 Christmas dinner-dance, Dec. 13, 14494 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville. Cocktails will be from 4 to 5 p.m. and dinner from 5 to 6 p.m. Music for dancing will be provided by Take Two. The dinner choice is roasted turkey or baked ham. Tickets are $13. Call Doris Cloman at (352) 796-9784.
• VFW Post 8681 Ladies Auxiliary's Christmas Jamboree Dinner Dance, 6 p.m. to midnight Dec. 13, 18940 Drayton St., Shady Hills. There will be a homemade barbecue dinner and entertainment by the Shadow Ridge Band. Tickets are $15. Proceeds benefit cancer aid and research, and the auxiliary's children's fund. Call (727) 856-1860.
• Korean War Veterans Christmas Party, Dec. 13, VFW Post 10209, 14736 Edward R. Noll Drive, Spring Hill. Doors open at 2 p.m. A buffet dinner will be at 3 p.m. A show with Irish comedian Danny Justice will be at 4:30 p.m., which will be followed by dancing to the music of the Key Notes four-piece band until 8 p.m. Door prizes will be awarded. A cash bar will be available. Tickets are $20 per person. Call Rich Mellinger at (352) 688-7196.
• Filipino-American Social Club's Christmas Dinner-Ball, 6 to 11 p.m. Dec. 13, Wellington Grand Ballroom, 400 Wexford Blvd., Spring Hill. Music will be provided by the Filipino band, Rhythm in Motion. The highlight of the evening will be a traditional Philippine cultural dance performed by the FASC Cultural Dance Group. The children will sing Christmas carols and Santa will make a surprise appearance. The dinner buffet will include beef chasseur, chicken franchaise, caesar salad, green beans almandine, rice pilaf, penne ala vodka, rolls, coffee and dessert. There will also be "Noche Buena Snacks," a variety of Philippine native desserts. Tickets are $35 for adults ($40 at the door), $18 for ages 6 to 12 and free for children 5 and younger. Call (352) 684-9252, (352) 459-2185, (352) 397-8308 or (352) 686-5519
• Hernando County La Sertoma Club's annual Pancake Breakfast with Santa, 8 to 11 a.m. Dec. 14, 7219 Forest Oaks Blvd., Spring Hill. The breakfast includes all-you-can-eat pancakes, sausage, juice, milk and coffee. Children can visit with Santa and receive a surprise. The cost is $3 per person; children 2 and younger admitted free. Raffle tickets will be sold to win a variety of holiday prizes. Call Cris, (352) 397-4304.