Taste of wine
Florida Estates Winery will host a wine festival from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday at 25241 State Road 52 near Land O'Lakes. The event will include various vendors, homemade arts and crafts, live plants, jewelry, music by Angelo and Penny Cooke, plus and an opportunity to sample the winery's offerings. This is a pet-friendly event.
Mingle with artists: Progress Energy Art Gallery will hold a reception from 6 to 9 p.m. today for artists whose work was displayed in the "Annual Artist Members Exhibit" at the gallery, 6231 Grand Blvd., New Port Richey. The winner of the People's Choice Award will be announced. Gallery hours are noon to 6 p.m. Wednesdays through Saturdays.
Teachers' turn: Artworks by the faculty and staff of Pasco-Hernando Community College will be exhibited through Aug. 8 in the PHCC art gallery in the Alric Pottberg library on the west campus, 10230 Ridge Road, New Port Richey. Hours are 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays. Call (727) 816-3229. Free.
Ultimate Hispanic musical form: Flamenco dancer Clarita Filgueiras and the Flamenco Puro dance company will perform at 8 p.m. today at Tarpon Springs Performing Arts Center, 324 Pine St. Dancers will be accompanied by guitarist Alex Jordan and singer Walter Castro. Tickets are $15 for nonmembers, $14 for members and $12 for students. Call (727) 942-5605 or visit tarponarts.org.
Learn how: Flamenco performers will hold a workshop at 10 a.m. Saturday at Tarpon Springs Performing Arts Center, 324 Pine St. Tuition is $10, and the workshop is open to all ages and experience levels. Class size is limited. Call (727) 942-5605 or visit tarponarts.org.
Party like the Greeks: Tarpon Springs will hold Night in the Islands: An Evening of Live Greek Music on Saturday. The Bouzouki Boys will play from 4 to 6 p.m. on Dodecanese Boulevard at Riverwalk, west of Hope Street. The Greek musical trio Ellada will play traditional nisiotika, or Greek islands music, from 6 to 11 p.m. along the Sponge Docks. Members are George Soffos, on bousouki; Dino Theofilos, on keyboard; and Elias Poulos singing. Free.
Hear all about it: Musician Constantine Grame will talk about the background and music of the musical My Fair Lady at 3 p.m. Sunday at Heritage Museum, 100 Beekman Lane, Tarpon Springs. Grame will be musical director for the production of My Fair Lady at the Tarpon Springs Performing Arts Center weekends July 22 through 31.
Music on the Beach: The Backwater Blues Band will play from 7 to 9 p.m. July 14 at Sunset Beach, Tarpon Springs. Take chairs or blankets for seating. Picnics are welcome, and there will be food vendors. No pets or alcoholic beverages are allowed. Concert and parking are free. If the parking area fills up, there's free parking at Tarpon Springs High School, with a free shuttle.
Behind the scenes: The comedy-farce Noises Off will be presented weekends July 15 to 31 by Hat Trick Theatre at the Eleanor Dempsey Performing Arts Center at Bishop McLaughlin Catholic High School, 13651 Hays Road, Hudson. Shows are at 8 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays, and 2 p.m. Sundays. Adults are $16 at the door or $14 in advance; students and seniors are $11 at the door or $9 in advance. Call (727) 857-2604 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Eloquent elegance: Cellist Theresa Villani will perform "Patterns of Eloquence" at 2 p.m. July 17 at Heritage Museum, 100 Beekman Lane, Tarpon Springs. Tickets are $13 for nonmembers and $11 for members and students. Call (727) 942-5605 or visit tarponarts.org.
Plucky girl: The Gilbert and Sullivan Players present My Fair Lady weekends July 22 through 24 and 29 through 31. Shows are at 8 p.m., except Sundays at 2 p.m. Tickets are $18 for nonmembers, $16 for members, and $12 for students. (727) 942-5605 or tarponarts.org.
Cocktails, 6229 Grand Blvd, New Port Richey (727) 848-3227.
• Ooh-la-la, 9:30 p.m. today.
• Midnight Rush, 9:30 p.m. Saturday.
Fisherman's Shack, 14519 Old Dixie Highway, Hudson. (727) 863-3436
• Franc Robert and the Boxcar Tourists, 8 p.m. today.
Dixie's Pub, 6229 Ridge Road, Port Richey. (727) 807-7074
• Franc Robert and the Boxcar Tourists, 8 p.m. Saturday.
San Ann Liquors and Lounge, 32625 State Road 52, San Antonio. (352) 588-2277
• Cold Steel Blues Jam, Sunday.
Within driving distance
Dockside Sportsbar and Grill (Lake Tarpon Resort), 37611 U.S. 19 N, Palm Harbor. (727) 934-3700
• The Misbehavin' Blues Band, 8:30 p.m. today.
J.C. Cravers Bar and Grill, 191 Orange St., Palm Harbor. (727) 216-6412
• Blue Lightning, 9 p.m. today.
• Backwater Blues Band, 8:30 p.m. Saturday.
DC's Downtown, 110 E Tarpon Ave., Tarpon Springs. (727) 942-1900
• The Misbehavin' Blues Band, 7 p.m. Sunday.
Skipper's Smokehouse, 910 Skipper Road, Tampa. (813) 771-0666
• Eric Lindell plays a combination of sweet, blue-eyed soul and foot-stomping R&B, swamp pop, funk, and blues at 8 p.m. today. Advance tickets are $12; $15 at the door.
• WMNF's Americana Fest '11, starts at 4 p.m. Saturday. Performers include Greenland is Melting, Alexander and the Grapes, Memphis Train Union, the Sweetkisses, John Ralston, Rebekah Pulley and the Reluctant Prophets, Mike Dunn and the Kings of New England, Ted Lukas and Misled, Black Finger, and Have Gun, Will Travel. $12 advance through Skippers or WMNF at wmnf.org/events or call the station during business hours at (813) 238-8001; $15 at the door.
• Key West-based singer-songwriter Eric Stone, 5 p.m. Sunday. Tickets are $7 in advance; $10 at the door.
• Mighty Mongo, 7 p.m. Tuesday. $7.
• Island Night with Impulse, 8 p.m. Wednesday. $5.
• Grateful Dead Night Deluxe with Uncle John's Band, 8 p.m. Thursday.