Today is "It Starts in Parks" day in Florida, and local cities are marking the day with free events in local parks.
Clearwater: It's offering free admission to any of its recreation fitness centers, as well as a slew of other activities.
• The Long Center will give away healthy snacks from 10 to 11 a.m. and again from 2 to 3 p.m.
• A free gardening class is from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Moccasin Lake Nature Park. Call (727) 793-2976.
• A family fun night of activities is from 6 to 8 p.m. at Morningside Pool. Call (727) 507-4064.
• A pool party for all ages is from 7 to 10 p.m. at Clearwater Beach Pool. Call (727) 462-6020.
• A skateboarding contest is from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Ross Norton Recreation Center. Call (727) 462-6025.
• A free tennis clinic is from 5:30 to 6 p.m. at Henry L. McMullen Tennis Complex. Also, a tennis social is from 5 to 7 p.m. Call (727) 669-1919.
Largo: A 50-Hour Scrapbook Crop begins at 4 p.m. today and continues until 6 p.m. Sunday at the Largo Cultural Center, 105 Central Park Drive. Call (727) 518-3016.
Also, kids 14 and under can play golf for free with a paying adult all month at Largo Golf Course, 12500 Vonn Road.
Oldsmar: Guest speakers from Finney Tiger Rock Martial Arts will appear at the weekly "Park-It Friday" event at 10 a.m. at R.E. Olds Park Amphitheater, 107 Shore Drive W. Oldsmar's Recreation Division hopes to show how exercise through martial arts is an effective way to improve health. All ages. Call (813) 749-1152.
Safety Harbor: Come out to Main Street from 6 to 10 p.m. for the 3rd Friday Music Series, featuring shopping, dining and live entertainment. Main Street will be closed so families can take a stroll on it. Proceeds benefit Safety Harbor Professional Firefighters Union No. 2267. Call (727) 724-1572.