Plants and markets
• Longleaf Farmers Market, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. every Saturday in downtown Longleaf, off Starkey Boulevard and State Road 54, New Port Richey.
• Fresh Market at Wiregrass, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. April 7 and the first Saturday of each month at the Shops at Wiregrass, 28211 Paseo Drive, Wesley Chapel. Features produce, Florida-grown plants and locally made jams, salsas, seasonings and sauces, plus the works of local artists. For information, visit tampabaymarkets.com.
• The Market, featuring plants and other gardening goods, runs from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. today and every other Saturday at West Pasco Habitat for Humanity, 4131 Madison St., New Port Richey. For information, call (727) 859-9038 or search for West Pasco Habitat for Humanity on Facebook.
• Baker House plant sale and open house, 9 a.m. to noon March 17 and the third Saturday of the month, October to May. The historic Baker House is at 5744 Moog Road, behind Centennial Park Branch Library. Plants for sale by Elfers Centennial Garden Club. For information, call (727) 372-9954.
• Native Plant Sale, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. March 31 at the Land O'Lakes Community Center, 5401 Land O'Lakes Blvd. This sale, hosted by the Nature Coast Chapter of the Florida Native Plant Society, will include a variety of native trees, shrubs, wildflowers, vines, grasses and groundcovers, as well as free literature, books for sale and plant profiles to help buyers put the plants in the right place. For information call Mary at (727) 849-2335.
• Hernando County Farmers Market runs from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturdays at 2450 U.S. 19, Spring Hill.
• Sweetwater Sunday Market is from noon to 4 p.m. Sundays at Sweetwater Organic Community Farm, Hanley Road and Comanche Avenue, Tampa. Includes native plants, fresh organic produce and products from green vendors and artisans. Live music from 1 to 3 p.m.; open mic from noon to 1 p.m. and 3 to 4 p.m.
• Florida Natives: Wildflowers, Grasses and Groundcovers, 9 to 11 a.m. today at the Land O'Lakes Community Center, 5401 Land O'Lakes Blvd. (U.S. 41). Discover native plants for Pasco gardens that often attract butterflies and birds while also being lower-maintenance plants. Free. Sponsored by Pasco Cooperative Extension, (352) 518-0156.
• Landscape design, 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. Wednesday at Spring Hill Branch Library, 9220 Spring Hill Drive. Free. Sponsored by Hernando County Extension Services. For information, call John Korycki at (352) 540-6230.
• Saving Water: Rain barrel workshop, 10:30 a.m. March 17 at Pasco Cooperative Extension, 36702 State Road 52, Dade City. Each participating household will receive a rain barrel for $10. There are a very limited number of barrels available, and participants must register by March 10. Call the Pasco Cooperative Extension office at (352) 518-0156 or visit pasco.ifas.ufl.edu and click on "Events Calendar" to find a registration form for this event.
• Landscape Design Seminar, 10 to 11 a.m. March 17 at Home Depot, 10017 U.S. 19 in Port Richey. Now is the time to review your landscape design. Discover new methods, ideas and planting suggestions to kick it up a notch. Free. Sponsored by Pasco Cooperative Extension, (352) 518-0156.
• The how, when and why we prune our landscape plants, 5:30 to 7 p.m. March 19 at Hernando County Extension Services office, 1653 Blaise Drive, Brooksville. Free. (352) 754-4433.
• The Dade City Garden Club meets at 9:30 a.m. the third Monday of January, March, September and November at the club, 13630 Fifth St. (352) 521-6886.
• The Elfers Centennial Garden Club meets at 6:45 p.m. the first Monday of the month from September to June at the Colonial Hills Civic Center, 3825 Prime Place, New Port Richey. No meeting in December. (727) 372-9954.
• The Hibiscus Circle meets at 10 a.m. the second Wednesday of each month from September through May at the Dade City Garden Club, 13630 Fifth St. (352) 521-6886.
• The Nature Coast Chapter of the Florida Native Plant Society meets at 7 p.m. the second Tuesday of the month at the Land O'Lakes Community Center, 5401 Land O'Lakes Blvd. (U.S. 41). For information, call (727) 849-2335 or visit pasconativeplants.org.
• The New Port Richey Garden Club meets at 1 p.m. the second Wednesday of the month from September to May at the Jasmine Lakes Community Center, 7137 Jasmine Blvd. Call (727) 863-8881.
• The Orange Blossom Garden Club of Lutz meets at 9:30 a.m. the first Wednesday of the month from September through June at the Lutz Community Center, 98 First Ave. NW. Refreshments followed by a presentation. (813) 949-1940.