Plants and markets
• Baker House plant sale and open house, 9 a.m. to noon the third Saturday of the month, October to May. The historic Baker House is at 5744 Moog Road, behind Centennial Park Branch Library. Plants for sale by Elfers Centennial Garden Club. For information, call (727) 372-9954.
• Fresh Market at Wiregrass, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. the first Saturday of each month at the Shops at Wiregrass, 28211 Paseo Drive, Wesley Chapel. Features produce, Florida-grown plants and locally made take-home jams, salsas, seasonings and sauces, plus the works of local artists. For information, visit tampabaymarkets.com.
• The Market, featuring plants and other gardening goods, runs from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturdays at West Pasco Habitat for Humanity, 4131 Madison St., New Port Richey. Call (727) 859-9038 or email email@example.com.
• Hernando County Farmers Market runs from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturdays at 2450 U.S. 19, Spring Hill.
• Dunedin Green Market runs 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Fridays and 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturdays in Pioneer Park at Main Street and Douglas Avenue. Call market manager Richard Kendler at (727) 733-4215 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Sweetwater Sunday Market is from noon to 4 p.m. Sundays at Sweetwater Organic Community Farm, Hanley Road and Comanche Avenue, Tampa. Includes native plants, fresh organic produce and products from green vendors and artisans. Live music from 1 to 3 p.m.; open mic from noon to 1 p.m. and 3 to 4 p.m.
• Dealing with nuisance wildlife in your yard, 5:30 to 7 p.m. Monday at the Hernando County Extension Office, 1653 Blaise Drive, Brooksville. No reservations needed. For information, call Jim Moll at (352) 754-4433.
• Compost Happens Workshop, 10 to 11:30 a.m. Feb. 4 at the Pasco Extension office at the Pasco County Fairgrounds, 36702 State Road 52, Dade City. Turn yard and kitchen waste into fertile garden gold. Cost is $20, which includes a compost bin to take home. To register, visit pasco.ifas.ufl.edu and select "Events Calendar" and click on the registration form for this event; or call (352) 518-0156.
• Plant Propagation Seminar, 6:30 to 7:40 p.m. Feb. 7 at Hudson Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson. Discover how easy and inexpensive it is to start plants. Sponsored by Pasco Extension, (352) 518-0156.
• The Dade City Garden Club meets at 9:30 a.m. the third Monday of January, March, September and November at the club, 13630 Fifth St. (352) 521-6886.
• The Elfers Centennial Garden Club meets at 6:45 p.m. the first Monday of the month from September to June at the Colonial Hills Civic Center, 3825 Prime Place, New Port Richey. No meeting in December. (727) 372-9954.
• The Hibiscus Circle meets at 10 a.m. the second Wednesday of each month from September through May at the Dade City Garden Club, 13630 Fifth St. (352) 521-6886.
• The Nature Coast Chapter of the Florida Native Plant Society meets at 7:30 p.m. the second Tuesday of the month at the Land O'Lakes Community Center, 5401 Land O'Lakes Blvd. (U.S. 41). For information, call (727) 849-2335 or visit pasconativeplants.org.
• The New Port Richey Garden Club meets at 1 p.m. the second Wednesday of the month from September through May at the Jasmine Lakes Community Center, 7137 Jasmine Blvd. Call (727) 848-2292.
• The Orange Blossom Garden Club of Lutz meets at 9:30 a.m. the first Wednesday of the month from September through June at the Lutz Community Center, 98 First Ave. NW. Refreshments followed by a presentation. (813) 949-1940.