NIGHT IN THE ISLANDS
Enjoy Greek music with the band Ellada, pictured at right, plus dancing and outdoor dining from 6 to 11 p.m. Saturday at the Tarpon Springs Sponge Docks on Dodecanese Boulevard. Free.
Opera talk: Opera Tampa Young Artists will present "Uncovering Carmen," the culmination of a weeklong workshop on the opera Carmen, at 2 p.m. Sunday at Tarpon Springs Performing Arts Center, 324 Pine St. $15 and $13. Call (727) 942-5605 or visit tarponarts.org.
Teachers' turn: A display of artworks by the PHCC faculty and staff ends Monday in the Alric Pottberg Library on the campus at 10230 Ridge Road, New Port Richey. Hours are 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday-Thursday.
Budding artists: The Hi Brow Gallery, 14125 Seventh St., Dade City, hosts a special exhibit 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Aug. 13 featuring the works of children who attended the gallery's summer art program. Join the kids and their families for refreshments and take in the creations of these future artists from 7 to 9 p.m. Aug. 13. Also meet folk artist "Win" Hammer, and others. Gallery hours are 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday or by appointment. For information call (352) 521-3823.
Dig out the go-go boots and pillbox hats: Breaking Up Is Hard to Do: The Neil Sedaka Musical continues weekends through Aug. 21 at the Show Palace Dinner Theatre, 16128 U.S. 19, Hudson. Dinner and show, $49.50; show only, $38.45, plus tax and tip, for adults, $24.95 and $19.95 for 12 and under. Call (727) 863-7949 in west Pasco; elsewhere toll-free, 1-888-655-7469.
Music on the Beach: The Charlie Morris Band will play rock and blues from 7 to 9 p.m. Aug. 18 at Sunset Beach in Tarpon Springs. Take chairs or blankets for seating. Picnics are welcome. Vendors will sell hot dogs, popcorn, sodas, water, ice cream, T-shirts, hats and koozies. No pets (except service animals) or alcoholic beverages are allowed. The concert and parking are free. If the parking area fills up, there's free parking at Tarpon Springs High School, with a free shuttle bus to the concert.
Cocktails, 6229 Grand Blvd., New Port Richey. (727) 848-3227.
• Sean Chambers Band, 9:30 p.m. today.
• Protocol, 9:30 p.m. Saturday.
Crazy Eddie's Benchwarmers Bar and Grill, 6431 U.S. 19, New Port Richey. (727) 645-6903.
• Channel Z, 9:30 p.m. today.
• Floydsom, Saturday.
Miss Vicki's on the River, 1029 Baillie's Bluff Road, Holiday. (727) 945-3469.
• Fat Tractor, 5 to 9 p.m. today.
• Jus' Jeff, noon to 4 p.m., and Pete and LeeAnne, 5 to 9 p.m. Saturday.
• Jimmy Griswold, noon to 4 p.m. Sunday.
Sam's Beach Bar, 6325 Clark St., Hudson. (727) 868-1971.
• Lawless Intent, 8:30 p.m. today.
• Dickie and Melvin, 1 to 5 p.m., and the Quitters, 8:30 p.m. Saturday.
• The Charlie Morris Band, 1 to 5 p.m. Sunday.
Seaside Inn, 5330 Treadway Drive, Port Richey. (727) 846-1112
• Marshall Law, 8 p.m. today.
• Circle Sky, 8 p.m. Saturday.
San Ann Liquors, 32625 State Road 52, San Antonio.
• Cold Steel Blues Jam, 5 to 9 p.m. Sunday.
Ukulele Brands, 4805 Land O'Lakes Blvd., Land O'Lakes. (813) 995-0608.
• Channel Z, 8 p.m. Saturday.
Whiskey River Saltywater Grill, 5245 Limestone Drive, Port Richey. (727) 849-2180
• Green Flash, 8 p.m. today.
• Mark and Melissa with Joe Lala, 8 p.m. Saturday.
• Ben and Corey, 2 p.m., and Slickslide, 6 p.m. Sunday.