If you're looking for some Halloween fun, there are plenty of events this year to delight princesses and goblins alike.
• Family Movie Night: 6 to 8 p.m. at the New Port Richey Public Library, 5939 Main St., New Port Richey. Free showing of Monsters vs. Aliens. Call (727) 853-1279.
• Haunted House on 41: 7:30 to 10 p.m. each night at the Land O'Lakes Community Center, 5401 Land O'Lakes Blvd., Land O'Lakes. Come experience "Claudia's Nightmares" (some scenes may be too intense for young children). Free. Call (813) 929-1229 for information.
• Spooky Skate Competition: 4:30 p.m. to dusk at the New Port Richey Recreation Complex, 6630 Van Buren St., New Port Richey. For kids age 4 to 14; costumes are welcome. Admission is $3. For information call (727) 841-4560.
• Scary trains: The Central Pasco and Gulf Railroad at Crews Lake Park will make Halloween runs on its is a 71/2-inch gauge railroad at Crews Lake Wilderness Park in Shady Hills from 7 to 11 p.m. The event will include a scary train for older kids and adults and a "Fraidy Cat" train for the little ones. Suggested donation is $5 a person. Visit www.cpgrr.org for information.
• Halloween in the Woods: 6 to 10 p.m. both nights at Werner-Boyce Salt Springs State Park, behind the Sears at Gulf View Square mall in Port Richey. Haunted trails, games, food, hayrides, pony rides and more. Admission is $2 for adults, $1 for children, plus some other fees for activities. Proceeds benefit friends of the park. For information, call (727) 816-1890.
• Spooky Movie & Popcorn: 2 p.m. at South Holiday Library, 4649 Mile Stretch Drive, Holiday. Featuring a G- or PG-rated movie for elementary-aged kids. Free. Call (727) 834-3331 for information.
• Halloween Dance Party: 7 to 10 p.m. at 8500 Old County Road 54 in the Greenbrook Plaza, New Port Richey. Admission is $5 and includes unlimited haunted house visits (adults free with paying child; children under 5 free). Proceeds go to Kelly's Dance Academy for travel and competition expenses. For information, contact Kelly Almeida, owner, at (727) 376-7315 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Halloween Crafts: 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the New Port Richey Recreation Complex, 6630 Van Buren St., New Port Richey. Kids ages 6 to 10 can make a witch pillow and a flying ghost. Cost $3, pre-registration required. Call (727) 841-4560.
• Trunk or Treat: 5 to 7 p.m. at Trinity Presbyterian Church, 4651 Little Road (across from the Mitchell Park soccer fields). Kids wear their costumes (nothing scary or violent, please) and go from car to car, collecting treats from church members. There will also be crafts, games and food. Free. For information visit www.tpcoss.org or call (727) 372-7203.
Don't see your event listed here? Send the information to email@example.com and we'll include it next time.