Hernando Diabetes Alliance: The following programs are offered:
• Hernando Diabetes Support Group: 10 a.m. Monday, Oak Hill Hospital H2U Partner's Club, 11375 Cortez Blvd., Spring Hill. Also at 4 p.m. Monday at Brooksville Regional Hospital, 17240 Cortez Blvd., west of Brooksville. (352) 597-6331.
• Diabetes 101, 1 p.m. Monday, Access Healthcare, 4270 Lake in the Woods Drive, Spring Hill. Conducted by Verna Pedersen Runyan, a nurse practitioner. RSVP to (352) 597-7249.
The Hernando Diabetes Alliance is a one-stop diabetes resource for Hernando County residents. Visit hernandodiabetes.com or call (855) 221-5031.
HPH Hospice helps with advance directives: As part of National Health Care Decision Day on April 16, HPH Hospice encourages adults who have not prepared an advance directive to do so. The document ensures that one's health care wishes will be honored by loved ones and physicians. An advance directive is available on the HPH website at hph-hospice.org, or a packet can be mailed by calling toll-free 1-866-940-0962. A trained HPH staff representative can also meet with individuals to guide them through the preparation of an advance directive. All services are free. Call Carla Hayes, (352) 597-1882.
'Reach and Connect' Florida Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program: This is a new pilot program aimed at providing additional outreach, education and screenings in areas that have high rates of late-stage breast and cervical cancers. A community health worker will be on hand at the following times and locations to provide instruction on the importance of screenings and direct women to screening services:
• 10:30 a.m. to noon today, Lykes Memorial Library, 238 Howell Ave., Brooksville.
• 10:30 a.m. to noon Thursday, West Hernando/S.T. Foggia Branch Library, 6335 Blackbird Ave., Spring Hill.
• 1 to 2:30 p.m. April 16, Spring Hill Branch/Harold G. Zopp Memorial Library, 9220 Spring Hill Drive.
For details, call Maria Elena Boone, (727) 861-5661, ext. 1018.
Take Off Pounds Sensibly: TOPS is a weight-loss management program for men and women, and has a philosophy of combining healthy eating, regular exercise, wellness education and support from others. The following groups are available:
• TOPS 208, 6 p.m. Thursdays, Gulf Ridge Park Baptist Church, 20200 Manecke Road, Brooksville. Linda Ward, (352) 796-1236.
• TOPS 530, 8:15 to 10 a.m. Tuesdays, First Lutheran Church, 30419 Park Ridge Drive, Ridge Manor West. Meeting starts at 9 a.m. Evelyn, (352) 796-0477.
• TOPS 547, weigh-in from 8:30 to 9:15 a.m. and meeting from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. Fridays, Oak Hill Hospital H2U Partner's Club, 11375 Cortez Blvd., Spring Hill. Lori Frazier, (352) 799-7249.
• TOPS 746, 8:30 to 10 a.m. Wednesdays, Grace Presbyterian Church, Building B, 8375 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill. Toni, (352) 796-6045, or Sue, (352) 688-5209.
• TOPS 604, weigh-in from 8:30 to 9:15 a.m. and meeting 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays, Forest Oaks Lutheran Church, 8555 Forest Oaks Blvd., Spring Hill. Doris, (352) 666-9525, or Nancy, (727) 378-4460.
• TOPS 461, 9 to 11 a.m. Thursdays, Nativity Lutheran Church, 6363 Commercial Way, Weeki Wachee. Mary Wilson, (352) 686-7466, or Pat Gall, (352) 688-6755.
Weight Watchers: For area meetings, call toll-free 1-800-651-6000.
'Growing Pains: Arthritis and Common Orthopaedic Disorders' seminar: 5:30 to 7 p.m. April 17, Silverthorn Country Club, 4550 Golf Club Lane. Presented by Drs. Daniel P. Moynihan and Chad M. Gorman. They will focus on the different types of arthritis, symptoms and treatment plans. A complimentary hot meal will be served. Hosted by Oak Hill Hospital. Free, but seating is limited and reservations are required. RSVP to (352) 597-6333 or oakhillhospital.com/foryourhealth.
Nature Coast Multiple Myeloma Support Group: 6 p.m. April 16, Oak Hill Hospital H2U Partner's Club, 11375 Cortez Blvd. Richard Blustein, (352) 428-4536 or firstname.lastname@example.org.