Not sure how to ring in the new year? Not to worry. From a semiformal dance featuring doo-wop music to an outdoor family event without the alcohol, a variety of New Year's Eve events will take place Monday evening in Hernando County:
• New Year's Eve with the Legends of Doo Wop, 7:30 p.m. to 1 a.m., Palace Grand, 275 Della Court, Spring Hill. Featuring music by Tommy Mara, Tony Passa of the Fascinators, Steve Horn of the Five Sharks and Frank Mancuso of the Imaginations. Also featuring DJ Cadillac Kid.
Hors d'oeuvres will be served until 8:30 p.m. A dinner buffet will begin at 8:45 p.m., with a champagne toast at midnight, followed by a continental breakfast. Tickets cost $79.95 per person. For reservations, call (727) 863-7949.
• New Year's Eve Party, 7:30 p.m. to 1 a.m., St. Anthony Catholic Church, Heffernan Hall, 20428 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville. Tickets cost $25 per person, which includes dinner.
Music will be provided by the Peter Kern Show. Guests may bring their own beverages. The event is hosted by St. Anthony's Hispanic Society. Tickets are available at the church, (352) 796-2096. For information or to RVSP, call Iris at (352) 442-4940 or Edilma at (352) 796-9428.
• New Year's Eve Camping and Chubby Carrier Concert, starting at 8 p.m., Sertoma Youth Ranch, 85 Myers Road, south of Spring Lake. Chubby Carrier and the Bayou Swamp Band will entertain. Dinner will include shrimp etoufee, mussels and andoule sausage. Party favors will be provided. Tickets cost $55, which includes primitive camping. Call (863) 984-8445 or visit online at lindentertainment.com.
• High Point New Year's Celebration, starting with a buffet dinner at 7 p.m., High Point Community Center, 12249 Club House Road, High Point.
The Starburst Duo will entertain from 9 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. Tickets are $40 for dinner and dancing; dancing only is $20 per person. Noisemakers, coffee and ice will be provided. Guests may bring their own beverages. Semiformal attire is suggested. For reservations, call Sylvia at (352) 596-6006.
• New Year's Eve Party with Backwoods Boot Scooters, 7 p.m. to 1 a.m., Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 10209, 14736 Edward R. Noll Drive, Spring Hill. A pulled-pork dinner will be served from 7 to 8 p.m.
A champagne toast and favors will be provided. Guests may bring a dessert to share, but it is not mandatory. Tickets cost $15. Call (352) 442-0112.
• New Year's Eve Celebration, 8 p.m. to 12:30 a.m., Courts of Praise property, 27360 Cortez Blvd., east of Brooksville. This is a free no-alcohol, community event. It will include the Bob Suter Band, local church bands, praise and worship teams, trick motorcycle riders, Mothers Against Drunk Driving and a laser light show.
There will be free food and drinks from 8 to 9 p.m. Guests may bring their own food and nonalcoholic beverages and are encouraged to bring lawn chairs and blankets.
• Polish-American Social Club New Year's Eve Country-Western Dance, 9 p.m. to midnight, 7615 New Jersey Ave., Hudson. Doors open at 8 p.m.
Music will be provided by the six-piece Country Back Roads Band. There will be party favors, snacks, prizes and nonalcoholic champagne at midnight. Tickets are $10. Call Jane Baird, (352) 345-1713.