Gardening | notebook
• Longleaf Farmers Market, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. every Saturday in downtown Longleaf, off Starkey Boulevard and State Road 54, New Port Richey.
• Fresh Market at Wiregrass, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. the first Saturday of each month at the Shops at Wiregrass, 28211 Paseo Drive, Wesley Chapel. Features produce, Florida-grown plants and locally made jams, salsas, seasonings and sauces, plus the works of local artists. For information, visit tampabaymarkets.com.
• The Market, featuring plants and other gardening goods, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. May 5 and every other Saturday at West Pasco Habitat for Humanity, 4131 Madison St., New Port Richey. For information, call (727) 859-9038 or visit West Pasco Habitat for Humanity on Facebook.
• Baker House plant sale and open house, 9 a.m. to noon the third Saturday of every month from October to May. The historic Baker House is at 5744 Moog Road, behind Centennial Park Branch Library. Plants for sale by Elfers Centennial Garden Club. For information, call (727) 372-9954.
• Amazing Azaleas, 5:30 to 7 p.m. Monday at Hernando County Extension Office, 1653 Blaise Drive, Brooksville. For information, call (352) 754-4433.
• Water Gardens Seminar, 6:30 to 7:40 p.m. Tuesday at Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road (off Fivay Road). Find out how easy it is to maintain a living water feature that attracts wildlife to your garden at this free seminar by Pasco Extension Services. For information, visit pasco.ifas.ufl.edu or call toll-free 1-800-368-2411 and ask for the Extension office.
• How to Grow Blueberries, 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. Friday at 238 Howell Ave., Brooksville. Sponsored by Hernando Extension Services. For information, call Amelia Anderson at (352) 754-4043.
• Gorgeous Grass, 9 to 11 a.m. May 12 at the Land O'Lakes Community Center, 5401 Land O'Lakes Blvd. Reduce the frustration of lawn maintenance with this free gardening seminar offered by Pasco Extension Services. For information, visit pasco.ifas.ufl.edu or call toll-free 1-800-368-2411 and ask for the Extension office.
• The Elfers Centennial Garden Club meets at 6:45 p.m. the first Monday of the month from September to June at the Colonial Hills Civic Center, 3825 Prime Place, New Port Richey. No meeting in December. (727) 372-9954.
• The Hibiscus Circle meets at 10 a.m. the second Wednesday of each month from September through May at the Dade City Garden Club, 13630 Fifth St. (352) 521-6886.
• The Nature Coast Chapter of the Florida Native Plant Society meets at 7 p.m. the second Tuesday of the month at the Land O'Lakes Community Center, 5401 Land O'Lakes Blvd. (U.S. 41). Call (727) 849-2335 or visit pasco nativeplants.org.
• The New Port Richey Garden Club meets at 1 p.m. the second Wednesday of the month from September to May at the Jasmine Lakes Community Center, 7137 Jasmine Blvd. Call (727) 863-8881.
• The Orange Blossom Garden Club of Lutz meets at 9:30 a.m. the first Wednesday of the month from September through June at the Lutz Community Center, 98 First Ave. NW. Refreshments will be followed by a presentation. (813) 949-1940.