NEW PORT RICHEY — Donating school supplies for a child in need can give you a pretty warm feeling, but Gulfside Regional Hospice Thrift Shoppes are ready to sweeten the pot anyway.
All five locations are accepting donations of school supplies through Aug. 10 in conjunction with the Kiwanis Club of Greater West Pasco, which will distribute the items to children in need. People who give supplies will receive 25 percent off a purchase (excluding sale items), good for up to a week after making their donation.
School supplies needed include:
• Backpacks (for both younger and older children)
• Colored pencils
• Glue sticks
• Pencil case
• Yellow pencils
Donations are accepted from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Saturday at all Gulfside Regional Hospice Thrift Shoppe locations:
• Dade City Thrift Shoppe, 37925 Sky Ridge Circle; (813) 782-7200
• Hudson Thrift Shoppe, 12154 U.S. 19 in Bayonet Point; (727) 861-4900
• Lutz Thrift Shoppe, 21780 State Road 54 (east of U.S. 41 and SunTrust Bank); (813) 909-0485
• New Port Richey Thrift Shoppe, 3601 Universal Plaza (corner of U.S. 19 and Moog Road); (727) 842-7262
• Zephyrhills Thrift Shoppe, 36524 State Road 54; (813) 788-5461
Last year, more than 150 backpacks were distributed in Pasco County thanks to the drive. For information, call any of the Thrift Shoppes or visitgrhospice.org.