Make us your home page
Instagram

Today’s top headlines delivered to you daily.

(View our Privacy Policy)

Taste of Safety Harbor Monday will feature 17 restaurants

SAFETY HARBOR — This little town on the bay flaunts its culinary chops Monday as the Seventh Annual Taste of Safety Harbor gets cookin'.

Related News/Archive

Seventeen restaurants will set up at the Safety Harbor Resort and Spa and present a range of gastronomical goodies, such as signature soups and salads, fish tacos, crab cakes, barbecue beef, muffulettas, wings, sliders, fried plantains, cupcakes and ice cream. There will be a cash bar.

"We are very excited to have some of Safety Harbor chamber's returning favorites as well as a nice representation from some of our newer restaurants and pubs that have opened this past year," said event chairwoman Susan Petersen.

Establishments making their debut at the event include: Fitlife Foods, Fleur de Lis Cafe, Bar Fly Saltwater Grill, Copperheads Tap House, Beef 'O' Brady's, Nolan's Pub, Nantucket Bucket and Taverna Skara.

The event runs from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Monday. Tickets, which cover entertainment and samplings, are $25 in advance, $30 at the door. Proceeds benefit the sponsor, the Safety Harbor Chamber of Commerce.

MetalGypsy Productions will present belly dance performances, musicians from Countryside High will perform, and TESA, the Exhibiting Society of Artists, will display works of art.

The event also includes a silent auction. Up for bid will be an autographed Tony Dungy football and book, Ruth Eckerd Hall tickets, spa packages, restaurant gift certificates, gift baskets and more.

"The variety of exceptional food and beverage samplings will provide something for everyone to enjoy," said Petersen. "This is great way for people to have fun in the post-holiday season."

>>If you go

Taste of Safety Harbor

Where: Safety Harbor Resort and Spa, 105 N Bayshore Drive.

When: 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Monday

Tickets: $25 in advance; $30 at the door.

Info: (727) 726-2890 or

safetyharborchamber.com.

Taste of Safety Harbor Monday will feature 17 restaurants 01/17/13 [Last modified: Thursday, January 17, 2013 6:52pm]
Photo reprints | Article reprints

© 2017 Tampa Bay Times

    

Join the discussion: Click to view comments, add yours

Loading...
  1. CBO analysis: 23 million would lose health coverage under House-passed bill

    National

    WASHINGTON — The Republican health care bill that passed the House earlier this month would nearly double the number of Americans without health insurance over the next decade, according to a new analysis by the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office.

    Demonstrators protests the passage of a House Republican health care bill, outside the the Capitol in Washington, on May 4. The House took the unusual step of voting on the American Health Care Act before the Congressional Budget Office could assess it. That analysis was released Thursday and it showed the bill would cause 23 million fewer people to have health insurance by 2026. Many additional consumers would see skimpier health coverage and higher deductibles, the budget office projected.
  2. Florida Specialty Insurance acquires Pinellas Park's Mount Beacon Insurance

    Banking

    Tens of thousands of homeowners who were pushed out of Citizens Property Insurance for a private carrier since 2014 are finding themselves changing insurance companies yet again.

  3. Pope Francis presents Trump with a 'politically loaded gift': His encyclical on climate change

    Global Warming

    VATICAN CITY — On Wednesday, Pope Francis appeared to make his point with a gift.

    Ivanka Trump, first lady Melania Trump and President Donald Trump meet with Pope Francis at the Vatican, Wednesday.  [Evan Vucci/Pool via The New York Times]
  4. Tampa police say 41-year-old man shot and killed by ex-boss, investigation ongoing

    Crime

    TAMPA — A 41-year-old man was shot and killed by his former boss Wednesday morning outside the West Tampa auto body shop where they once worked together, according to Tampa police.

  5. Father and brother of alleged bomber detained in Libya

    World

    The father and younger brother of the man who British police say bombed an Ariana Grande concert in Manchester have been detained in Libya, where anti-terror authorities said the brother confessed to knowing "all the details" of the attack plot.

    Hashim Ramadan Abedi appears inside the Tripoli-based Special Deterrent anti-terrorism force unit after his arrest on Tuesday for alleged links to the Islamic State extremist group. Abedi is the brother of Salman Abedi, who has been identified as the man behind the bombing that killed 22 people and wounded scores at an Ariana Grande concert Monday night in Manchester. [Ahmed Bin Salman, Special Deterrent Force via AP]