CLEARWATER —Ready for the annual St. Petersburg Times Turkey Trot?
Festivities get under way today with the kickoff party from 5 to 7:30 p.m. at Clearwater High School's Jack White Stadium, right off Gulf-to-Bay Boulevard.
The party is the last chance to preregister for the event. Participants are asked to come out and enjoy a free evening of snacks, live music, fun and games. If you come out to preregister, race officials ask that you bring the exact amount in cash or check.
Online and mail-in registrants also will be able to pick up their race numbers and T-shirts at the pre-party.
The races will take place Thursday morning, with the 5K Wingding at 7 a.m., followed by the 5K Fun Run at 7:30 a.m., the 1 Mile Gobbler at 8:30 a.m. and the 10K Turkey Trot at 8:45 a.m.
Registration fees for the Gobbler are $10 to preregister and $12 on race day. For the 5K and 10K races, the price is $15 to preregister and $20 on race day.
Here's a list of road closures (Drivers should exercise caution while traveling through these intersections on race day):
• Eastfield Drive from Lakeview to Nursery roads will be intermittently closed to traffic.
• Hercules Avenue from Druid to Lakeview roads will be intermittently closed to traffic.
• Keene Road from Gulf-to-Bay Boulevard to Nursery Road will be closed to traffic. Highland Avenue can be used as a detour route.
• Lake Avenue from Druid to Belleair roads will be intermittently closed to traffic.
• Magnolia Drive from Wellington Drive to Keene Road will be intermittently closed to traffic.
• Nursery Road from Eastfield Drive to Keene Road will be intermittently closed to traffic.
• Wellington Drive from Druid Road to Magnolia Drive will be intermittently closed to traffic.
Tips for participants
• Arrive at least one hour before the race. Parking areas will be congested.
• All races begin on Keene Road, just south of Gulf-to-Bay Boulevard, except the fun run. Please use sidewalks approaching the high school and do not walk or stand on neighborhood lawns.
• Line up at the start according to speed: fastest runners up front, slowest to the rear. Walkers should start at the back of the crowd.
• Non-competitive wheelchair participants should start at the back of the crowd.
• Bicycles, wagons, roller blades, skates and animals are prohibited on the course.
• Free refreshments are available for registered participants only at finish.
• Bathrooms are on the east side of the stadium; portable toilets are along the north side of the stadium.