NEW PORT RICHEY — The list ran the gamut from top government executives to an auto parts salesperson to a New York photojournalist.
Sixty-one applicants threw their hats into the ring to replace Pasco County Administrator John Gallagher, who is set to retire June 1 as one of the state's longest serving administrators in a single county.
The list included one internal candidate, Michele Baker, currently Pasco's chief assistant county administrator. Other locals were Carl Harness, a Pinellas County assistant administrator; Robert Herr, administrator for public works and utilities for the city of Tampa; and Eric Johnson, director of strategic planning for Hillsborough County.
The job attracted other government officials such as Cape Coral City Manager Gary King, and Wally Wagoner, assistant superintendent for Marion County Schools. Other applicants included Jason Leone, whose most recent job was a salesperson at AutoZone, and Alexander Rivera, photo director for the New York Daily News.
Recruiter Bob Murray & Associates is expected to narrow the list to eight and forward the names to Pasco County commissioners, who will choose a top pick at the end of May.
For the full list of applicants, visit "Links in Today's Times" at tampabay.com.
Applicants for Pasco County administrator:
• Kimberly Alexander, town manager, Culpeper, Va.
• Darryl Anderson, chief communications officer, Jackson Public School District, Jackson, Miss.
• Dan Anghel, CIO, Dan Anghel Management Consulting
• Michele Baker, chief assistant county administrator, Pasco County
• Jessica Balseca Cadena, human services specialist, Hudson County Division of Welfare, Jersey City, N.J.
• Robert Bartolotta, Sarasota city manager
• Danny Blair, downtown manager, city of Albany, Ga.
• Christopher Blanes, CEO, MBS Energy LLC
• Thomas Buckel, partner, Hancock Estabrook LLP
• Clint Caldwell, guard, Department of Natural Resources, Springfield, Ill.
• Dax Canty, counselor, Kelly Services
• David Cohen, city clerk/grant writer/economic development/industrial development/election manager, Daphne, Ala.
• William Conlon, founder/owner/manager, Conlon Consulting LLC
• William Cooper, city manager of Hamtramck, Mich.
• Andrew DeCandis, director of planning and government relations, Orange County Public Schools, Orlando
• Patricia Diaz, VE resource teacher, Hillsborough County schools
• Robert Dobbs, public relations/political consultant, Dobbs International Services
• Monica Esters, administrative assistant, Young & Sons Tax Advisors
• Lee Evett, vice president, Burton and Associates
• Kenneth Fields, self-employed management consultant
• Nick Figueroa, consulting engineer, Toa Baja, P.R.
• William Florance, president, Resolution Services Inc.
• Ade Fuqua, assistant managing director, City of Philadelphia, Pa.
• James Gleason, Mascotte city manager/economic development director
• Tomas Gonzalez, city manager of Irving, Texas
• Anastaisos Goulos, director of graduate relations, Graduate School of Management at Robert Morris University
• Laura Grainger, assistant director, Houston First
• Kenneth Griffin, principal manager/engineer, Mississippi Engineering Group
• Terry Hanson, finance/IT director, Sheboygan County, Wis.
• Carl Harness, assistant county administrator, Pinellas County
• Peter Harriott, self-employed musician
• Robert Herr, administrator public works and utilities, city of Tampa
• Anthony Hinen, project manager deputy (technical), CACI
• Deborah Howard, tribal administrator (assistant city manager equivalent), Fort Mojave Indian Tribe, Needles, Calif.
• Eric Johnson, director of strategic planning/ERP implementation, Hillsborough County government
• Michael Jones, Paulding County administrator, Dallas, Ga.
• Gary King, Cape Coral city manager
• Jason Leone, customer service/sales representative, AutoZone
• Mark Lewis, city administrator, Chowchilla, Calif.
• Morgan Marquis, client & community relations coordinator, Florida Department of Children and Families
• David Miller, partner, Elevate360
• Nicholas Mongillo, installation commander, U.S. Navy Pacific Missile Range
• Charles Oliver, CEO, Oliver & Associates
• Richard Osborne Sr., county manager, Nye County, Nev.
• Christopher Overton, graduate assistant, James Madison University
• Albert Penksa, county manager, Adams County, Pa.
• Bill Press, police chief, city of Fairhope, Ala.
• Carlos Puentes, vice president of retail operations, TigerDirect
• Sergio Purrinos, executive director, CVE Master Management Co.
• Ronald Rabun, international governance advisor/Afghanistan, U.S. Agency for International Development
• James Rhodes, deputy county administrator, Camden County, N.J.
• Alexander Rivera, photo editor, New York Daily News
• Carl Schlender, analysis section chief, Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst
• Paula Stennett-Yancey, lead general counsel/FEMA applicant agent/project manager, Jackson County, Pascagoula, Miss.
• Randall TeBeest, commanding officer, NOAA Aircraft Operations Center
• Edward Troy, treasurer, Burlington County, N.J.
• Martin Tschiderer, career services director, MedVance Institute
• Wally Wagoner, deputy superintendent, Marion County School District
• Theta Williams, assistant vice president operations, HSBC, North America
• Chandler Williamson, director of community relations, city of Fort Lauderdale
• Kenneth Wynn, graduate teaching/research assistant, University of Florida
Source: Pasco County government